• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The coming season - a true test of Tilly and Brush ??

And just one more thing.....................
I saw a perceived, worrying trend of buddyiotous in the team selections last season. If tilson wants to become a good manager, he needs to select on merit rather than complience!

i think to a certain extent he does pick on merit... he gives players a chance but he isn't afraid to drop people or to judge performances from pre-season or reserve matches. substitutions have always been my major gripe with T&B but even they were inspired at some points last season... it's a steep learning curve but i think they are getting better and better. there were lots of mistakes last season but im sure they will have learnt from many of them

I think Tilly is a manager that willa lways listen to advice and learn from his mistakes, he's not arrogant. Last season will only be good for him as a manager, i know he's highly regarded in the dressing room and has a lot of respect for his man management and motivational skills and i think this is a key in getting us promoted once more. Look at what we have here, an expanding fan base, a new stadium, a realistic but ambitious chairmen, one of the most talented young english managers around, players with higher league experience, a management team who have won promotion from this division before, a young and determined squad. We're geared up for championship football and there is no reason whatsoever we can't gget promoted. I'm not expecting it to be honest, but i know we can do it.

I think Tilly is a manager that willa lways listen to advice and learn from his mistakes, he's not arrogant. Last season will only be good for him as a manager, i know he's highly regarded in the dressing room and has a lot of respect for his man management and motivational skills and i think this is a key in getting us promoted once more. Look at what we have here, an expanding fan base, a new stadium, a realistic but ambitious chairmen, one of the most talented young english managers around, players with higher league experience, a management team who have won promotion from this division before, a young and determined squad. We're geared up for championship football and there is no reason whatsoever we can't gget promoted. I'm not expecting it to be honest, but i know we can do it.

Well forgive me shrimpled, But why give us all those reasons why we can win promotion.....and then tell us that you arn't expecting it?
Too many people on here hedge their bets for fear of criticism. So lets buck the trend.
I think that tilsons tactics were at best naive last season. BUT. Ibelieve that he has learnt from his mistakes and with the resouces at his disposal should produce a team that will win us promotion. If he fails...he should be sacrificed.

I'm not expecting us to win promotion next season. Thats why. I've given all the reasons that i feel it should be where we are headed and why it is achieveable and why it is our ambition and aim, but i don't think it will be neccessarily next season. I think it could take 2 years and if thats the case so be it. If we miss out on promotion in the play off finals will you sack Tilson or give him another chance? He deserves two years and one things for sure, unless we are relegated next season, which is not going to happen, he will remain here.

I've often thought we were close to being a one man team, we are about to find out. Would love to see Tilson and Brush get tougher. For example,Hooper and Wilson fannying around on contracts, what's that all about, what with them being superstars and all that?

Well forgive me shrimpled, But why give us all those reasons why we can win promotion.....and then tell us that you arn't expecting it?
Too many people on here hedge their bets for fear of criticism. So lets buck the trend.
I think that tilsons tactics were at best naive last season. BUT. Ibelieve that he has learnt from his mistakes and with the resouces at his disposal should produce a team that will win us promotion. If he fails...he should be sacrificed.

Tilly is learning all the time, taking FA badges etc. In the meantime the man has transformed us from a side diving headlong for the conference into a good league one side/struggling Championship club. IF, we struggle to make the playoffs next season or indeed the season after, I Can't see the sense in replacing Tilly.
Tilson can only improve as a tactical manager, and look what he has achieved with relative naivity.
I Can't think of too many clubs that have benefited from switching and swapping managers, it certainly hasn't helped us in the past.
And lets face it, we are never going to find another man who has the good intentions of the club pulsing through his veins as much as Tilly. I know it's an obvious and tired example but you only have to look as far as Manchester United to see the benifits of sticking with the one man at the top.

Are you counting on Mac being a 20 a season man , JM ?

Hoping, not counting on....

His record has shown he can score goals and I like the confidence he has in himself. For us to have any success we need 35+ goals from our front two and none of the others have shown they can be prolific as of yet.

Tilson has been a manager for a very short time in the scheme of things..No non league experience, no years in League 2 with some mid table scufflers learning the trade.. Every year he has been here he has had to face a totally new challenge..This year is no exception..

Last season was a dissapointment as i believed that we should of stayed up as at times we played some great stuff and matched many a team for long periods of the game only to fall short with a lack of experience and tatical niaveness from T&B.

It will be a test this year to see if the management have learnt from the mistakes , as if we don't bring in a Experienced old head to steady the ship at the back and we continue to leak cheap goals the the crowd won't tolerate it at this level.
Also with the amount of forwards we have at the club he needs to find his preferred partnership sooner rather than later.

If Tilly strengthens correctly in this area then i can see us having a great season , if he fails to strengthen and wastes money then the pressure will build on him and the true test on being a manager sets in .

Hoping, not counting on....

His record has shown he can score goals and I like the confidence he has in himself. For us to have any success we need 35+ goals from our front two and none of the others have shown they can be prolific as of yet.

Hope he does the Biz . Do you know how many a season he has been getting in the lower leagues ? - (quite good I seem to recall )

Back