• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

At least they now wont look suspicious when they pull up right outside the bank wearing a cap and displaying a blue badge

Another great British trade lost in the modern world.
They said it's almost impossible nowadays. Too much CCTV everywhere, better bank security and improved forensics. They suggested Mr Martin go for a bridging loan.

Are you 100% certain about that? Seems to be some doubt expressed by people.

Law isnt my area of expertise so be interested to hear views from qualified people.

I seem to be writing this a lot at the moment....

The planning permission for Roots Hall says it cannot be demolished until phase 1 of the stadium at FF has been completed.

That's the situation as it stands. Hypothetically an applicant could apply to alter the conditions of planning - but what would happen then is well into the realms of speculation

The planning permission for Roots Hall says it cannot be demolished until phase 1 of the stadium at FF has been completed.

That's the situation as it stands. Hypothetically an applicant could apply to alter the conditions of planning - but what would happen then is well into the realms of speculation
Wont have to wait for FF stage1. It will have fallen down by the time that id completed.

Good, so 100% nothing to worry about then 👍

Last edited:
With the current rate of decay completely eroding all areas of the Hall I'd be amazed if it has anywhere near 2 years left in it.

It's run its course without major repairs

Are you 100% certain about that? Seems to be some doubt expressed by people.

Law isnt my area of expertise so be interested to hear views from qualified people.

you have to pay for proper legal advice .....

unless you trust the Zones finest ..

No. Without a football ground in the borough it cannot be touched

I hope you are right ... but would like the detail on this - from a lawyer.

What if our beloved chairman said - "of course you will have a ground in the borough - I am just closing RH for a couple of weeks while FF gets ready"

*oh whoopsy - building delays on FF - chill out on Canvey while i get it sorted"

I hope you are right ... but would like the detail on this - from a lawyer.

What if our beloved chairman said - "of course you will have a ground in the borough - I am just closing RH for a couple of weeks while FF gets ready"

*oh whoopsy - building delays on FF - chill out on Canvey while i get it sorted"
See post 222

See post 222

Ummm ... you probably believe the Chancellor of the Exchequer pays all his tax and Boris obeyed all the lock down rules .. It is true that it might be clearly stated in a contract BUT enforcing contracts is a whole another game ..

Anyone in business know it is next to impossible to recover money from debtors - ask our former players and legends how much RM owes them ? And how much they settled for in the end.. ?

You yourself mention realms of speculation - 100% agree. That is where we are. And the first thing we need is some serious legal insight into the realities of all this.

RM clearly loves hiding from debtors - and his basic tactic is hang them out to dry until they settle for a percentage ..

If he reneges on any agreement - or on any part of any agreement what are the actual real world consequences ?

A protracted legal dispute that kicks all the cans down the road ...

Ummm ... you probably believe the Chancellor of the Exchequer pays all his tax and Boris obeyed all the lock down rules .. It is true that it might be clearly stated in a contract BUT enforcing contracts is a whole another game ..

Anyone in business know it is next to impossible to recover money from debtors - ask our former players and legends how much RM owes them ? And how much they settled for in the end.. ?

You yourself mention realms of speculation - 100% agree. That is where we are. And the first thing we need is some serious legal insight into the realities of all this.

RM clearly loves hiding from debtors - and his basic tactic is hang them out to dry until they settle for a percentage ..

If he reneges on any agreement - or on any part of any agreement what are the actual real world consequences ?

Breaking planning permission conditions can be a criminal offence.

The only place I can think off is the athletics track at Gloucester park its been re built only need some scaffold around it ,remember brightons withdean

You might want to rethink your debating method as well - after all the posts stating how toxic the zone is getting, your opening retort is to throw an insult

Didn't know who did the RH pitch. Thanks. Guess the weather has had a bad effect on lots of decent pitches

The only place I can think off is the athletics track at Gloucester park its been re built only need some scaffold around it ,remember brightons withdean
Pitch isn't big enough for senior football and isn't able to be extended. White Ensign had to move out after this was discovered. Despite playing a whole season there!

The only places that could be adequate for a season or so are:

Canvey Island fc
Braintree town
Daggers
Billericay
Col u
Chelmsford

I'd prefer Wakering if we had to ground share but doubt its up to the job.

Yesterday in the west stand bar.

Get to the front to be served. Nothing on tap at all. Presumably the bill hasn't been paid. Bottles had run out and the bar was closed.

I heard that the ceiling collapsed in the South West bar (unsubstantiated)

My season card seat now has the concrete crumbling round my feet. I highly doubt it will ever be fixed.

There is no chance at present of roots hall making it until fossetts is built. I can't see it getting condemned in the near future.View attachment 24505
Please can you tell me the exact location, by DM if necessary.

Back