• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The drugs debate once more....

They can occur without them too. Who knows if those who have exhibited psychotic episodes after consuming drugs would have developed these regardless?

The crux of the matter is that millions of people take illegal drugs every week and the vast majority of users suffer no side effects or cause harm to others, especially those who consume soft drugs, but yet we'll throw millions of pounds at prohibition when it clearly has little, if any effect.

The same is true with alcohol...

In a ideal society, no one would take any drug. But they do, and making one that is relatively harmless illegal and another that can have catastrophic side effects legal is bit odd, do you not think?

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

Not to mention the medicinal effects that these drugs have.

Which proves my point does it not?

Not really. You're arguing that because a dangerous drug is legal others should also be. I'm pointing out my belief that alcohol should be banned. We also know that that won't work so we're stuck with it, but that doesn't mean you should make more drugs freely available.

As I stated, these drugs are just as bad, and could lead to an even worse problem in society. The reason they're not seen as being as bad could be down to the fact that they're illegal and therefore less freely available. Make them as available as alcohol and we might be making things worse.

Not really. You're arguing that because a dangerous drug is legal others should also be. I'm pointing out my belief that alcohol should be banned. We also know that that won't work so we're stuck with it, but that doesn't mean you should make more drugs freely available.

As I stated, these drugs are just as bad, and could lead to an even worse problem in society. The reason they're not seen as being as bad could be down to the fact that they're illegal and therefore less freely available. Make them as available as alcohol and we might be making things worse.

I completely disagree. Cannabis is far less dangerous than alcohol and nicotene. Take dealers out of equation and tax it. Will it increase the uptake? Who knows, maybe slighly as kids today are a lot more straight laced than our era.

Do you not think those American states and Canada would have not considered this?

I completely disagree. Cannabis is far less dangerous than alcohol and nicotene. Take dealers out of equation and tax it. Will it increase the uptake? Who knows, maybe slighly as kids today are a lot more straight laced than our era.

Do you not think those American states and Canada would have not considered this?

I have no idea what they considered. I personally think that legalising any more drugs is the wrong way to go because you have no idea how bad things will get if we do, using alcohol as an example of a legal drug. Personally I don't want to take the risk.

Anyway, this thread is like a hamster wheel: It keeps going round and round. It's time for me to get off!

I have no idea what they considered. I personally think that legalising any more drugs is the wrong way to go because you have no idea how bad things will get if we do, using alcohol as an example of a legal drug. Personally I don't want to take the risk.

Anyway, this thread is like a hamster wheel: It keeps going round and round. It's time for me to get off!

Agreed, I think I made my point.

Now for a nice refreshing shot of heroin. :smile:

I'm posting as a retired laboratory technician with international acreditations, so I know my stuff.

If drugs were all legal and available at a high street chemist for 99p a go, the customer would have this assurance;

The drug will have been manufactured by an established chemical company and therefore would be fully tested with everything accountable; calibration of the equipment used, the approved test method. the body approving that test (FDA, ISO, ASTM for example), the technician that conducted the test, that technician's training records, his/her peer witness records.
So, if (for example) a tablet's package says the tablet contains 100 milligrams of cocaine in one gram of chalk, the customer can be sure that's what (s)he is buying (within the limits of the test which are detailed in the method).

I am not commenting on the morals, the politics of this, just from a quality assurance point if view.

Just think - if someone on the street offered you a gallon of petrol for£1, would you buy it?

Cannabis is so often the start of a downward spiral onto more serious and problematic drugs. Education about abuse of all these types of addiction - and I'm including alcohol - should be more prevalent in schools. There is nothing attractive about being paralytic, likewise there is nothing attractive about being off your face on drugs.

Cannabis is so often the start of a downward spiral onto more serious and problematic drugs. Education about abuse of all these types of addiction - and I'm including alcohol - should be more prevalent in schools. There is nothing attractive about being paralytic, likewise there is nothing attractive about being off your face on drugs.

And a vast majority of people can smoke it without becoming meth-heads (me included), just as you didn't turn into an alcoholic. It's a weak argument to to ban something that is far less insidious than the legal drugs.

And a vast majority of people can smoke it without becoming meth-heads (me included), just as you didn't turn into an alcoholic. It's a weak argument to to ban something that is far less insidious than the legal drugs.

As I think you may recall, my ex brother in law and his wife were both heroin addicts and I had to see the 2nd of our two nieces born an addict. I know from people that they both encountered in re-hab over the years, that the vast majority of those in there for drug addiction ALL started by taking cannabis. If you have an addictive personality then it's a slippery slope.

I'm posting as a retired laboratory technician with international acreditations, so I know my stuff.

If drugs were all legal and available at a high street chemist for 99p a go, the customer would have this assurance;

The drug will have been manufactured by an established chemical company and therefore would be fully tested with everything accountable; calibration of the equipment used, the approved test method. the body approving that test (FDA, ISO, ASTM for example), the technician that conducted the test, that technician's training records, his/her peer witness records.
So, if (for example) a tablet's package says the tablet contains 100 milligrams of cocaine in one gram of chalk, the customer can be sure that's what (s)he is buying (within the limits of the test which are detailed in the method).

I am not commenting on the morals, the politics of this, just from a quality assurance point if view.

Just think - if someone on the street offered you a gallon of petrol for£1, would you buy it?

No....But then again I don't buy cheap drugs of the street either.

If you need a reliable quality dealer who is happy to deliver jus PM me.

Or in fact if you want to buy some illegal petrol or diesel there are plenty of places around the Rainham area you just have to buy a lot more than a gallon. The British guys doing it are more expensive than the Eastern European gangs but I think you should buy British where possible.

As I think you may recall, my ex brother in law and his wife were both heroin addicts and I had to see the 2nd of our two nieces born an addict. I know from people that they both encountered in re-hab over the years, that the vast majority of those in there for drug addiction ALL started by taking cannabis. If you have an addictive personality then it's a slippery slope.

You can include my cousin in that.

The problem being that that will lead to higher prices, meaning that there will still be a black market for cheaper (and stronger) drugs.

If your family's experiences are anything like ours were, then you have my sympathy. It's why I will never be in favour of legalising drugs.

My cousin lives in San Francisco so I wasn't really aware of how bad his issues were until my aunt asked my dad and me to fly out to take part in an intervention. I wasn't able to go so I sent a letter. My dad went.

The good news is that nearly 20 years on he's still drug free.

The problem being that that will lead to higher prices, meaning that there will still be a black market for cheaper (and stronger) drugs.

Totally disagree. What does a hit of cocaine cost from some **** on the street? £30?

Back