• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If so, that's pretty shrewd operating actually as it's next to the all night chemist. I wouldn't have thought Hadleigh was a Costcutter place though....but having said that, neither would I have thought it would have managed to support a Lidl.

My experience is that people who shop at lidl are completely mental and travel from far and wide every thursday(?) to buy the latest 'bargain' tent, bike gear and swedish jam.

Seriously though, I don't think the location is key, it's accessible from west Southend, Leigh and Rayleigh

Ha!Different Southend I fink.Much as I'd like to blame Ron for the High Street's demise.:smile:

Gotta be the closure of Keddies and Vic Circus going all upmarket and losing the SUFC club shop. Used to love going to Southend back then for 40p on a Canvey Rover.

For me Internet shopping is far superior for nearly everything. Only exception is clothes really. Easy to compare prices, can be done from the sofa...

For me Internet shopping is far superior for nearly everything. Only exception is clothes really. Easy to compare prices, can be done from the sofa...
or at school when you can't be dedicated to your whole 5 1/2 hours per day... :net:

I heard something interesting today from a businessman who'd been at a meeting with someone from Google Spain yesterday.Apparently the next big thing in Virtual Reality will be where you can shop for clothes etc with an App. direct from your smartphone.You'll be able to see what's in stock near you,the price and even what shelf it's on.You'll also be able to prepay for it before you go to the shop.Brave New World indeed.:omg:

Don Forge has owned that shop for years...well since it was Forges chip shop...I have known him for years...I thought the fire was not until next week..(joke)

Back