• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Famous 92

70 league grounds and 12 non league grounds. Did a fair few of mine during the relegation years in the late 90's rather than our recent promotion seasons, the Paul Holland coach trips were always more fun! Still not done Col U or Dagenham though which is ridiculous considering ive been to Carlisle three times!

117 league grounds (including new grounds and league clubs who are now non-league/defunct).
13 additional non-league grounds

81 of the current 92 grounds
88 of the current league clubs (Wigan, Sheffield United, Morecambe, and Accrington Stanley still to do).

Wembley (old) and Millennium Stadium

All except 8 of these as a Southend fan (those 8 as a Chelsea fan)

87 out of the current 92 for me (counting clubs not grounds) Aresnal Aston Villa Liverpool Accrington and Morecambe remain .. with Burton likely to win the Conference in the not too distant future my figure will drop to 86

BLUEBLOOD Junior has done 36 i think, not bad for a nine year old, but then again he is dragged along usually so has little option but to go !!!

Hmmm, I think we might all have to re-think the Burton Albion ground visit. Beaten again last night. 17 point lead whittled down to 8, now, having played up to 3 games more than their rivals. All their remaining games are against either title rivals or play-off contenders, last game being away at second placed Torquay.

Hmmm, I think we might all have to re-think the Burton Albion ground visit. Beaten again last night. 17 point lead whittled down to 8, now, having played up to 3 games more than their rivals. All their remaining games are against either title rivals or play-off contenders, last game being away at second placed Torquay.

I see that they lost 4-0 at the weekend but was unaware that they'd played again (and lost again) last night .. squeaky bum time for them certainly

I guess that goes to show what happens when you replace Nigel Clough with Roy MacFarlane

Over the past 30 years I make it that Southend have played 1st team games at 130 different grounds & I have managed to go to 119 of them. The 130 grounds includes all League matches, Football League Trophy (LDV etc), FA Cup and Anglo Italian.

We have also played Brighton at Gillingham, Charlton at West Ham and Chester at Macclesfield, I did not include those as grounds as we have been there with the 'proper' home team. I did include Bristol Rovers at Twerton.

Over the past 30 years I make it that Southend have played 1st team games at 130 different grounds & I have managed to go to 119 of them. The 130 grounds includes all League matches, Football League Trophy (LDV etc), FA Cup and Anglo Italian.

We have also played Brighton at Gillingham, Charlton at West Ham and Chester at Macclesfield, I did not include those as grounds as we have been there with the 'proper' home team. I did include Bristol Rovers at Twerton.

Can we expect "the list" to be published on here at all ??

It's a lot of typing granted, but would make a brilliant "tick off" guide

Can we expect "the list" to be published on here at all ??

It's a lot of typing granted, but would make a brilliant "tick off" guide

Please add any that I may have missed, I will check on Robins web site later. Added a few teams and new total is now 133 grounds over the past 30 years.
These are the different teams/grounds that Southend have played 1st team fixtures over the past 30 years:-

Aldershot
Aylesbury
Barnet
Barnsley
Birmingham
Blackburn
Blackpool
Bolton
Bournemouth x2
Boston
Bradford City
Brentford