• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The fbm view and ratings - Southampton (a)

Eastwood aside though, I still think he's the best striker we've got.

Christ - Bradbury our best striker - no wonder we went down. Frankly it made me cringe how easily he gets beaten to the ball, just so slow and has no goal scoring threat whatsoever. To be fair though our other "strikers" are also utter crap too.

Heard rumours he's off next season in a swap deal

Heard rumours he's off next season in a swap deal

But unfortunately until we see something more concrete, that's all they are, empty rumours (Bradbury to Bournemouth in exchange for Hayter plus £50k is what I've heard), can't see it myself!

Why would Bournemouth go for that deal though? I don't see any truth in that one at all. I don't think Bradbury is going anywhere.

We're going to need to bring in at least one good forward even if Eastwood stays because Foran/Bradbury/Harrold are not good enough to get us even close to the top end of the table unless one of Hooper or Ademeno really comes on strong over the summer.

Last edited:
Why would Bournemouth go for that deal though? I don't see any truth in that one at all. I don't think Bradbury is going anywhere.

We're going to need to bring in at least one good forward even if Eastwood stays because Foran/Bradbury/Harrold are not good enough to get us even close to the top end of the table unless one of Hooper or Ademeno really comes on strong over the summer.

Exactly, which is why, as I said, I can't see it coming to fruition. Although wasn't Kevin Bond coaching at either Pompey or Man City when Badbuy was there?

Foran may well come good in L1 after a decent pre-season, although I'm not holding my breath. Hooper has proved he can score goals and could replace Fred to some extent if he also knuckes down in the summer. Not seen enough of Ademeno to comment.

Harrold, enough said, get him out now.

As I see it, Eastwood going is more of a certainty than a likelihood and we need 2 if not 3 decent forwards through the doors over the summer (preferably none with SPL experience!), assuming Paynter can't be co-erced into coming back, getting his head down and proving the boo boys wrong.

So if the 6/7 players we allegedly want in is true, I'd say that is broken down as 3 defenders (maybe a full-back who can double up in midfield), a winger & 2 or 3 strikers. I also feel Flavs might want out so the question is would we go with Collis or get in another No1?

Last edited:
Exactly, which is why, as I said, I can't see it coming to fruition. Although wasn't Kevin Bond coaching at either Pompey or Man City when Badbuy was there?

Foran may well come good in L1 after a decent pre-season, although I'm not holding my breath. Hooper has proved he can score goals and could replace Fred to some extent if he also knuckes down in the summer. Not seen enough of Ademeno to comment.

Harrold, enough said, get him out now.

As I see it, Eastwood going is more of a certainty than a likelihood and we need 2 if not 3 decent forwards through the doors over the summer (preferably none with SPL experience!), assuming Paynter can't be co-erced into coming back, getting his head down and proving the boo boys wrong.

So if the 6/7 players we allegedly want in is true, I'd say that is broken down as 3 defenders (maybe a full-back who can double up in midfield), a winger & 2 or 3 strikers. I also feel Flavs might want out so the question is would we go with Collis or get in another No1?

collis is a class keeper and i would be more than happy with him as first choice next season if Flavs did go

But unfortunately until we see something more concrete, that's all they are, empty rumours (Bradbury to Bournemouth in exchange for Hayter plus £50k is what I've heard), can't see it myself!

yeah thats what I heard too- but £100k - Also Barry Hayles was mentioned

Fans pat on the back

I had a great day yesterday. The Alan Ball things was amazing, fantastic ground and some of the best away support I've ever seen. Hairs on the back of my neck stood on end when their fans started applauding us!

I've read all the post and I'm shocked no one has mentioned Hammel. The guy wasted so many balls including 2 dead balls. The free kick over everyones head and out caused me to have a hissy fit and throw my programme!

Hooper was ok and looked quite lively. I was shocked to see Bradbury stay on the pitch. Flahavan had a poor game.

Roll on next season hopefully we stop this worrying momentum!

Back