• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Football never ceases to amaze,7 games ago we were play off contenders yet the men representing Southend and surrounding areas can be forever in folklore for .Seven wins and zero conceded had pushed us to the point of dreamland,one last good result is all we need.

I hope every single Southend player understands the gravity of their brilliant run and goes on that pitch tomorrow feeling 10 feet tall and tougher than the toughest,one last battle to win the war,they may need to spill blood,they may need to ignore the pain barrier,destiny is in those eleven on that pitch.

Good luck to Phil and every player,safe journey to the fans,unfortunately I have to earn pennies .

COME ON THE MIGHTY BLUES.

Football never ceases to amaze,7 games ago we were play off contenders yet the men representing Southend and surrounding areas can be forever in folklore for .Seven wins and zero conceded had pushed us to the point of dreamland,one last good result is all we need.

I hope every single Southend player understands the gravity of their brilliant run and goes on that pitch tomorrow feeling 10 feet tall and tougher than the toughest,one last battle to win the war,they may need to spill blood,they may need to ignore the pain barrier,destiny is in those eleven on that pitch.

Good luck to Phil and every player,safe journey to the fans,unfortunately I have to earn pennies .

COME ON THE MIGHTY BLUES.

Glory hunter !

Play for the name on the front of the shirt, and we will remember the name on the back.

It kind of reminds me of the 2012-13 season in the pope and smith div 3 when Priory Sports reserves lost every game and then won the last 6 to avoid relegation. That team will forever be remembered in Lodge Rd folklore just as this Southend team will be remembered. If anything I’d say Southend’s accomplishments are probably better than ours.

7 games ago after that Burton defeat I was gutted, but still thought we would end up with around 81 or 82 points, which may have been enough to sneak into 3rd place.

The fact that we are sitting on 84 with the final game left is an astonishing achievement, and hopefully end up with 87 is amazing. I bet more than 50% of the time, 87 points would be enough to win a division.

Credit to Bury and Wycombe that they could end up with 84 and 85 points and not go up. Remember how gutted we were finishing 4th with 83 the year before last.

7 games ago after that Burton defeat I was gutted, but still thought we would end up with around 81 or 82 points, which may have been enough to sneak into 3rd place.

The fact that we are sitting on 84 with the final game left is an astonishing achievement, and hopefully end up with 87 is amazing. I bet more than 50% of the time, 87 points would be enough to win a division.

Credit to Bury and Wycombe that they could end up with 84 and 85 points and not go up. Remember how gutted we were finishing 4th with 83 the year before last.

Imagine being in MK Dons position and possibly ending up on 91 points and only in the play-offs.

I have said it a few times on here and some agreed and some didn't which is why it's a forum

until it was mathematically impossible to gain an auto place there was always the chance and now it is still there for the taking and remember if we don't get the result on Saturday we still have the play-offs and I fancy we could beat any of those teams.....but lets hope we are not having that conversation after the game

safe Journey to all those that are making the trip

Can't wait for tomorrow, but in the back of my mind was the last day away in our last promotion from this division.
Grimsby away and all we had to do was win. We drew, and I think Swansea took the last auto space off of us?
Please let us not go through that pain again (although we did win the playoffs at cardiff ;-))

Imagine being in MK Dons position and possibly ending up on 91 points and only in the play-offs.

Yeah shame that.

:hilarious:

I have said it a few times on here and some agreed and some didn't which is why it's a forum

until it was mathematically impossible to gain an auto place there was always the chance and now it is still there for the taking and remember if we don't get the result on Saturday we still have the play-offs and I fancy we could beat any of those teams.....but lets hope we are not having that conversation after the game

safe Journey to all those that are making the trip

Definitely didnt agree, we were 8 points or so behind with 8 games to go and we were getting around 1.5 points per game and sitting in midtable in the form tables. It was going to take a miracle to get in the top 3, but that miracle happened so glad your optimism was rewarded !

It didn't require a miracle and what has happened since has not been a miracle. It required us to win a few more matches than the teams above us. It is just that so many people over-react constantly hence descriptions of matches before Christmas as being 'must win'.

It didn't require a miracle and what has happened since has not been a miracle. It required us to win a few more matches than the teams above us. It is just that so many people over-react constantly hence descriptions of matches before Christmas as being 'must win'.

Tomorrow's a 'must win', and if we don't, then the play-offs are 'must win'.

Going from midtable in the form table to winning 7 in a row and not conceding one single goal is pretty close.

Certainly people saying games 2 months ago were must win was not the case, as long as you win games at some point in the season it doesnt matter the order, but to find such consistent form right at the death is remarkable. What makes it moreso is the amount of 1-0's we have had, it would have just taken 1 single goal in any one of those 5 games and we wouldnt have made it.

Maybe not feeding the 5,000 miracle level....

It kind of reminds me of the 2012-13 season in the pope and smith div 3 when Priory Sports reserves lost every game and then won the last 6 to avoid relegation. That team will forever be remembered in Lodge Rd folklore just as this Southend team will be remembered. If anything I’d say Southend’s accomplishments are probably better than ours.

What happened? Did they load the team with "ringers" from the first XI for the last 6 games?

Spare a thought for Harlow Town.
Harlow Town - Played: 46: Won: 31 Drawn: 10 Lost: 5 Goals for: 108 Goals against: 58 Goal difference: +50 Points: 103

That got them to second place in the Ryman North; one point (and 10 goals) behind Needham Market. Harlow then managed to get knocked out of the play-offs by Thurrock who ended the season 19 points worse off.

Yeah shame that.

:hilarious:

Definitely didnt agree, we were 8 points or so behind with 8 games to go and we were getting around 1.5 points per game and sitting in midtable in the form tables. It was going to take a miracle to get in the top 3, but that miracle happened so glad your optimism was rewarded !

Thats the beauty of the Forums, the most important thing is we are in a great position with either the auto and the good form if needed to go via the play-offs, are you on the road to morecambe on Saturday

Thats the beauty of the Forums, the most important thing is we are in a great position with either the auto and the good form if needed to go via the play-offs, are you on the road to morecambe on Saturday

Nah radio for me sadly...

Back