• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fish House at Fossetts?

fredheim_holm

Where art thou Tes
It may have been mentioned before as I don't come into this part of the forum that often, but it occurred to me if we do ever move to FF it'll be a shame to leave the Fish House behind.

I wonder if the club could look to bring them across, either in addition to their current spot that they just use for match days or permanently if it made business sense for them servicing the community there.

Would be a nice touch to keep some history rather than popping a Burger King in there.

Just an idea.

Did you see the queue last night? About 7pm the queue went round the corner and down Victoria Avenue.
When (and if) we do move gonna be a loss to them

It may have been mentioned before as I don't come into this part of the forum that often, but it occurred to me if we do ever move to FF it'll be a shame to leave the Fish House behind.

I wonder if the club could look to bring them across, either in addition to their current spot that they just use for match days or permanently if it made business sense for them servicing the community there.

Would be a nice touch to keep some history rather than popping a Burger King in there.

Just an idea.
Bring them with us!!! If they want to come of course. Lovely chippy

Just an idea.
Perhaps a pop up Blue Boar as well .

Apparently the club have asked them to sponsor the club in some way and they've refused.

I doubt the club could care less what happens to them.

When I'm sitting in the Stan Collymore executive lounge at FF....I shall look up with a smile as my waitress arrives with a rod line caught sea bass on a bed wild spinage......

Of course I wont forget the Fish House, a man should never be ashamed of his humble beginnings.......But he must also never be embarrassed about enjoying his success.

Apparently the club have asked them to sponsor the club in some way and they've refused.

Sponsorship might have value to a local business looking for more clients but I can't see it being great value for money for a fish and chip shop, it's already heaving on match day and realistically everyone that would go on a non-match day already knows about it, you'd be spending money for a poor return. I'd hope the club doesn't have a grudge against them just because of that.

Ever so slightly off topic .
Two years ago having not be back to England for eight years, flew into Stansted,hired the car and drove straight to the Fish House for my First English grub(Before doing what had come to Southend for in the first place) . We got chatting and explained that not only were they my first port of call but also when a nipper I had my first educational attempt next door at Prittlewell School!
Extra chips then arrived to my plate.
So there !??

I prefer Oceans King on Fairfax Drive myself; it's the same side of the stadium that I live so I don't have to go out of my way, and being slightly further away from RH means there's never much of a queue.

They could at least sponsor a player or two. When the shop opened years ago I seem to recall that it was owned by someone who came from South East London therefore could be a Millwall fan. Not sure who owns it now.

They could at least sponsor a player or two. When the shop opened years ago I seem to recall that it was owned by someone who came from South East London therefore could be a Millwall fan. Not sure who owns it now.
Indeed. My understanding is that the club has tried to get the to do something, but they've refused. I could be wrong though.

Sponsorship might have value to a local business looking for more clients but I can't see it being great value for money for a fish and chip shop, it's already heaving on match day and realistically everyone that would go on a non-match day already knows about it, you'd be spending money for a poor return. I'd hope the club doesn't have a grudge against them just because of that.
Agreed. I'm not commenting on the rights and wrongs, just that I doubt the club could care less because they make money off the back of the club and don't feel the need to give anything back.

When I'm sitting in the Stan Collymore executive lounge at FF....I shall look up with a smile as my waitress arrives with a rod line caught sea bass
Sad thing is, that won't have been caught from the local Thames estuary. Incidently back in the 70's & 80's when i used to use the local charter boats ( there were a decent amount back then, Bass as well ), they were just referred to as 'Bass'. When was the word 'Sea' added to their description?.

Reactions: ace
Sad thing is, that won't have been caught from the local Thames estuary. Incidently back in the 70's & 80's when i used to use the local charter boats ( there were a decent amount back then, Bass as well ), they were just referred to as 'Bass'. When was the word 'Sea' added to their description?.

I have caught some decent size ones in recent years. You aren't allowed to sell them though. Some years you can only catch 1 and it has been down to 0 a couple of years back.

In the meantime commercial fishing had its limits raised and Europe still want to empty the stocks completely.

I reckon most customers in local restaurants would like the idea of local caught fish by charter and private boat people who care.

I have caught some decent size ones in recent years. You aren't allowed to sell them though. Some years you can only catch 1 and it has been down to 0 a couple of years back.

In the meantime commercial fishing had its limits raised and Europe still want to empty the stocks completely.

I reckon most customers in local restaurants would like the idea of local caught fish by charter and private boat people who care.
Off topic, but biggest one i've witnessed caught on a boat, was out of Brightlingsea in 78.
Guy on board caught a 10lb 6oz one on ragworm.
Late 70's the 'Towers' used to be a good area for them.

Back