• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The flash mind reader

The link didn't work for me, dunno how everyone else is finding it.

However you do the original maths, the numbers will always add up to 9. The symbol is the same one as 9 everytime, even if it changes symbols.

Given any two digit number, add the two digits and subtract from the original number.

Consider the following....

10 - 1 = 9
11 - 2 = 9
12 - 3 = 9
20 - 2 = 18
21 - 3 = 18
22 - 4 = 18
30 - 3 = 27
31 - 4 = 27
32 - 5 = 27

No matter what two digit number you choose, when you apply the given formula and you will end up with a multiple of nine.

If you look at the table of symbols all the multiples of nine have the same symbol!

When you repeat the test only the symbols corresponding to a multiple of nine change, giving the illusion that the program is reading your mind.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 07 2005,09:45)]Given any two digit number, add the two digits and subtract from the original number.

Consider the following....

10 - 1 = 9
11 - 2 = 9
12 - 3 = 9
20 - 2 = 18
21 - 3 = 18
22 - 4 = 18
30 - 3 = 27
31 - 4 = 27
32 - 5 = 27

No matter what two digit number you choose, when you apply the given formula and you will end up with a multiple of nine.

If you look at the table of symbols  all the multiples of nine have the same symbol!

When you repeat the test only the symbols corresponding to a multiple of nine change, giving the illusion that the program is reading your mind.
Too slow!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 07 2005,09:38)]However you do the original maths, the numbers will always add up to 9. The symbol is the same one as 9 everytime, even if it changes symbols.
Incorrect  
smile.gif

The numbers will always add up to a multiple of nine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 07 2005,09:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 07 2005,09:38)]However you do the original maths, the numbers will always add up to 9. The symbol is the same one as 9 everytime, even if it changes symbols.
Incorrect  
smile.gif

Ah good point, but also, when you get the multiple of nine, if you add the digits, they still reach 9.

and so on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 07 2005,10:03)]
[b said:
[b said:
Incorrect  
smile.gif

Ah good point, but also, when you get the multiple of nine, if you add the digits, they still reach 9.

and so on.
That wasn't part of the puzzle though so you are still wrong....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 07 2005,10:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Incorrect  
smile.gif

and so on.
I didnt say it was, just flexing my mathematical muscles some more

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 07 2005,10:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Incorrect  
smile.gif

and so on.

smile.gif

Sorry, but that is Johnny Ball stuff mate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 07 2005,10:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 07 2005,10:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Incorrect  
smile.gif

and so on.

smile.gif

Sorry, but that is Johnny Ball stuff mate.
maybe, but he's an idol of mine

tounge.gif

Back