• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Ghost of Xmas past

Milliband and Hollande, of course I understand that it wasn't written in the last 20 minutes so will hold no credence but a interesting read all the same.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-life-under-ed-miliband-warning-labour-leader

August this year is 5 years closer to current than your last attempt and is much better than our friend just posting 'oh come on' by way of explanation!
My fav quote in the article is 'Miliband is a smarter and more subtle politician than Hollande' - bless. Considering that the article is written by David Cameron's former scriptwriter it is good that he finds some nice things to say about Ed and that any bromance between the two of them ended a couple of years ago.

Worst for who? I don't see how it will make any difference to people who live in Spain.

You're right.It probably won't.It does tend to make you lot, look like a lot of uncouth, anti-Europeans,though.

Anyway, this is the year that Europe will be going left again.Starting with Greece and continuing with the PP's (Partido Popular) fall from power in Spain at the end of the year.

Labour's general election victory in May will fit nicely into that scenario.

The left is on the march in Europe.

Last edited:
Cheer up, if Milliband and Balls get their way then the UK will be well on it's way to ruin within 6 months.

Your right. (Space here?)It probably won't. (Space here?)It does tend to make you lot, look like a lot of uncouth, anti-Europeans,though.

Uncouth? From a bloke who lives in a country where killing a bull on a Saturday night is considered art?

Never been much of an "aficionado" myself.

In any case, I think you'll find most bullfights still take place on a Sunday afternoon (as all football matches used too here).
I see, so its less uncouth on a Sunday than a Saturday. Thanks for clearing that up.

Never been much of an "aficionado" myself.

In any case, I think you'll find most bullfights still take place on a Sunday afternoon (as all football matches used too here).
Just to be clear (as there may be some agreement here and it seems a bit pointless to discuss disagreements when there potentionally are none) - do you agree or disagree with bullfighting?

Just to be clear (as there may be some agreement here and it seems a bit pointless to discuss disagreements when there potentionally are none) - do you agree or disagree with bullfighting?

As I said, I've never really been much of a fan.Though I did go to a few "corridas" -a long time ago now.

It should be recognised that bullfighting does however represent a part of Spain's cultural tradition (though certainly not here in Catalonia).

Can't say I'm in favour of an outright ban,personally.Though such a ban obviously wouldn't bother me,either.

However,If enough people just don't go (and that includes tourists who are the lifeblood of bullfighting outside of Madrid and Andalucia), then hopefully, it'll just wither away,of its own accord.

Lansley is tainted by the fact that the government backed his plans despite the fact that pretty much no one inside or outside of the medical profession knew what he was trying to do. I think he actually speaks quite well - just not a good idea to let him try to implement half backed ideas.
I agree that Gove will get airtime - as chief whip he needs to lead the line. He is however one of the most disliked men in politics, but is recognisable and all of the main parties seem to be in the same boat that very few of them are faces the public will recognise and through a lack of choice Gove will have to be seen.
In relation to this Hitman says 'nob muncher' - put here so as everyone can share in his input into this debate without having to check my profile.

What debate? It's gone from a Blair interview to Milliband and Hollande to Gove and Lansley, somehow onto bullfighting that the Plastic Commie still couldn't give a straight answer to and then onto Nob Munching which I'll pass if you don't mind. So where does this debate lie now?

What debate? It's gone from a Blair interview to Milliband and Hollande to Gove and Lansley, somehow onto bullfighting that the Plastic Commie still couldn't give a straight answer to and then onto Nob Munching which I'll pass if you don't mind. So where does this debate lie now?
'Nob muncher' was Hitman's input - I'm not exactly sure what he is referring to but if he posts again explaining his cryptic message maybe the thread will take an exciting new twist....

If you want a straight answer about bull fighting in Spain,personally, I'm "intensly relaxed" about it . :smile:

However,If enough people just don't go (and that includes tourists who are the lifeblood of bullfighting outside of Madrid and Andalucia), then hopefully, it'll just wither away,of its own accord.

So you're saying market forces are preferable to government intervention? What an interesting notion...

As I said, I've never really been much of a fan.Though I did go to a few "corridas" -a long time ago now.

It should be recognised that bullfighting does however represent a part of Spain's cultural tradition (though certainly not here in Catalonia).

Can't say I'm in favour of an outright ban,personally.Though such a ban obviously wouldn't bother me,either.

So you are not in favour of a ban on bull fighting, So for the record, how do you feel about fox hunting?

Back