• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
Here's a football game for you to try.

It's based on a regular feature of a long-running Saturday night sports show on German TV station ZDF. At the end of each week's show, they invite all their guests to have six shots at their goal wall, the Torwand. All the great and good of German football have had a go, and it's not as easy as it looks! The online version is much easier!

Anyway, for those of you who might struggle with the German, a quick help as to the instructions.

First, the menu page gives you options for the type of game:

Einzelspiel = single-player game

or you can choose a two-player game, live over the internet, via email (don't quite know how that works!) or for two people on your own computer.

Taking the single-player game as our example, you then have to choose who you would like as your player by clicking their picture and then clicking on Weiter

You then come to the scoreboard. You have three shots at the hole on the bottom right, then three shots at the hole top left of the wall. Click Weiter to proceed.

Click where it says Klick to start the power meter, for the strength of your shot. Click on it again to stop the power meter. Then click here to determine the postion of your shot, horizontally and vertically. Then see what happens!

To get from the scoreboard back to your next shot, just click Weiter. Note that the hole you're aiming at is helpfully marked in red!

When you've had all six shots and seen your score, you then have the opportunity to add your name to the high score list if you wish (type your name and click eintragen). Clicking on Zurück zur Spielauswahl takes you back to the main menu.

I hope that all doesn't sound too complicated! It's quite easy once you know how! Who'll be the first to get all six, I wonder? You are being timed as well, so you can't afford to take too long!

Just as a matter of interest, I came across this game last year. I was going to post it up here then, but forgot about it I'm afraid :o . Anyway, I remember looking through the top scorers of previous weeks (which you could do then, but can't do now) and noticed that someone called "Tilly" had been playing quite a lot and doing quite well. I wonder......

Anyway, have a go and see what you think:

The Goal Wall

Viel Glück!!

;)

Can score in the top hole, but the bottom right I am having problems with

6 out of 6 took me a little bit to get use to it but once you get one in its easy

hs.jpg

Back