• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

has the Goat played at Wembley/Mill Stad?, if we do have to go through the play-offs again would be great if his last game is in the New Wembley

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Feb. 08 2006,15:30)]has the Goat played at Wembley/Mill Stad?, if we do have to go through the play-offs again would be great if his last game is in the New Wembley
It definitely won't be there... SKY Sports News have reported that it has no chance of being ready by the end of this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Feb. 08 2006,22:10)]A good article from the official site
Lifted mostly, it has to be said, from Dan Rutstein's article in the Royal Gazette...

Goat insists 'this is my last season'

"On the ball" with the Goat this week is also good.

Comeback goal just the tonic!

Dan - if you're lurking out there, let the Goat know that we receive the Goat's news about his retirement with a mixture of sadness and pride; sadness that we won't have his wonderful presence at the club next season, but pride that he would choose to finish his illustrious career with us - especially if, as I suspect will be the case, the Goat has a big part to play in our final third of the season.

Let's hope that there's plenty of Goat-feeding between now and May.

smile.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 09 2006,10:07)]"On the ball" with the Goat this week is also good.

Comeback goal just the tonic!
I'm disappointed though that he didn't make any mention of the funniest incident in football, which he clearly enjoyed so much!

If we'd already been thinking that the Bristol City match was going to be a big game not to be missed, now there's even more reason to be there, to salute a real gentleman who has made such a big contribution to the success we have enjoyed this season.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Feb. 08 2006,13:16)]Didn't the Goat play against us in our last promotion from the 3rd tier in 90/91? I'm sure I remember seeing him at the Hall in our 2-1 win near the very start of his career?
You're right, The Goat did play against us in our promotion-winning season 1990/91. Funnily enough, bearing in mind the big topic of discussion at the moment, he was playing for Rotherham United. He played in both matches and was substituted both times, in our 1-0 victory at Millmoor on 1 December 1990 and our 2-1 win at the Hall on 1 March 1991.

He also came on as a sub for Bristol City in their 2-0 win at Roots Hall in Division 2 on 11 October 1997.

Back