• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Great City Race 2009

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Dear all,

Well, a year has passed since I last hauled my lumbering frame around a 5km course around the City of London - and it was so much fun, I've decided to do it again! The run will be taking place this Thursday, 16th July... and my goal is to improve on my time from last year (of 33 minutes) and, who knows, possibly to try and break the 30 minute barrier.

Once again, I'm doing the run for charity - this year's cause is the extremely worthwhile Seeing is Believing. They are a charity dedicated to helping to restore sight to people in the third world who may benefit from something as basic as a cataract operation, or simple immunisation / cleansing programmes to deal with viruses that cause blindness. 75% of blindness around the world is attributable to a preventative causes such as these - and so, this year, the Great City Race is pledging to raise funds for it.

Now, I know these are credit-crunched times... however, any small amount you can pledge would be a really massive help. Please click on this link - The Great City Race fundraising page - and follow the link towards the bottom of the page. If you could say something along the lines of "Good luck, Matt" in the text, that would be a great help.

Thanks to you all for your kind generosity, and I'll let you know how I get on!

Many thanks,

Matt

Dear Sir Matthew of the Shrimp

SZFC would like to sponsor you £20

please could you PM your details so we can send you a cheque, and who to make it payable to.

Cheers

Davros

Hope it goes well today, let us know how it goes!

make sure you drop the kids off first!

n508122347_805899_976.jpg

Folks - just wanted to thank you all for sponsoring me, very kind and generous of you all.

I achieved my primary goal - which was to improve on last year's time. Last year I did it in 33 mins 15 secs; this year, I went 2 mins 08 secs quicker, completing the course in 31 mins 07 secs. Sadly, I just missed out on that 30 minute barrier - I'll have to try again next year.

Thanks ever so much for all your generosity and support - I really appreciate it.

:support: :clap:

Matt

Good Stuff MtS, hope you reach your fundraising target.

Never mind about the 30 minute mark, will give you something to aim for next year! (though Stats will no doubt tell you you should have worn the top hat and tails!).

Back