• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The iPod..

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
just got smaller

indexcompare20050907.jpg

And this time you have a choice of 2Gb (£139)or 4Gb (£179), no hard drives just flash memory.

what!! i havnt figured out how to work the first one yet.. in fact it may still be in its box .... oh well never one to stand in the way of rampasnt consumerism..
1. when is it out
2. how much more cheaper is it in the states..
3. whats flash memory? so i can not learn how to work this one as well

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ Sep. 09 2005,08:05)]hang on ..  that pencil could be huge...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Flash memory, from what I know, does not involve moving parts as a hard drive does. Probably doesn't involved magnetic strips either.

hang on .. my knowledge could be tiny...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Sep. 09 2005,09:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Sep. 09 2005,08:47)]My iPod is smaller than that!!
Yes but it does not come with a colour screen or such capacity.

Now go and shuffle off will you.

laugh.gif
Maybe not, but then does it matter when its stuck in your pocket - I'm still listening to music!!
wow.gif

Don't come crying to me in 10 years time when you are all deaf !

blues.gif

I was going to say that if God had meant us to stick things in our ears we'd have been designed differently but that rules out the rampant rabbit and butt plug arguments.
cool.gif

No that smilies represents being blind not deaf unless you thinking that you are Helen Keller but then with your team selections last year this can explain a lot
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Sep. 12 2005,11:33)]No because of the difference in atmospheric pressure, as soon as you get of the plane it will explode leaving your bag with blue dye all over it.
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Sep. 12 2005,11:33)]No because of the difference in atmospheric pressure, as soon as you get off the plane it will explode leaving your bag with blue dye all over it.
Actually, it's red, white and blue dye.

I'm happy with my iriver. I just wish I knew how to use it fully. The instructions manual just looks intimidating....

down.gif

Not a great fan of the iPod. They're overpriced and I hate the operating software.

That new one looks far too small. I'd lose it!
tounge.gif

Back