• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I read a rumour on Twitter this morning about us lining up a bid for Reuben Reid.

Handy player but not prolific. A west country boy and it may be more than coincidence that his three forays to the east, Brentford, Wycombe and Peterborough, produced his worst returns.

I read a rumour on Twitter this morning about us lining up a bid for Reuben Reid.

Reid was my suggestion at the beginning of the year- but very very unlikely as he would cost more than McLeod (and the 100-150k for him was way to rich for us). Reid is younger, but Plymouth won't want to sell, and he would be 200k maybe more ..

Reid was my suggestion at the beginning of the year- but very very unlikely as he would cost more than McLeod (and the 100-150k for him was way to rich for us). Reid is younger, but Plymouth won't want to sell, and he would be 200k maybe more ..

.. Although out of contract at the end of the season I notice- sometimes that can lead to a club looking to get something in the Jan window- IF they think the player won't re-sign, IF its not more important to get promoted and the player is a key part in that, IF the club could do with the money..

Of course we still have none & so still can't belief it has any legs..

These wish lists are academic and rarely a pointer to who we may or may not get. If I was to take a punt though it would be John Akinde from Barnet. I believe he is out of contract come the summer and is a powerful player.

^^^Certainly knows where the net is! But again, this is just a suggestion if we did have any budget.

These wish lists are academic and rarely a pointer to who we may or may not get. If I was to take a punt though it would be John Akinde from Barnet. I believe he is out of contract come the summer and is a powerful player.

A very good shout I believe. John Akinde is a prolific, big bustling striker who is also quick.

hurst he dont bring anything to the team
piggot he is a confidence player dont get the game time so a waste of time been here
willams i would love to see him get games but i do think he would have had it by now
prosser hopefully he stays third choice cb though
oneil i actually forgot we had him but i do rate him
rae id send back he is been used as a holding player more times then not and deggs can that
weston i would keep him without a doubt i feel he has been missed
bentley im going to stick my neck out and sell him but only if the right offer was there

we would need to replace the above players . if and a big if there was one transfer for the blues in the january window id go for a hungry fast forward

Harry Forrester is looking for a move away from Donny. Doesn't fit into DF's plans, previously with Brentford, might be looking for a move South, good midfield player, will do well in the right team with the right manager. No I'm not his agent!

Harry Forrester is looking for a move away from Donny. Doesn't fit into DF's plans, previously with Brentford, might be looking for a move South, good midfield player, will do well in the right team with the right manager. No I'm not his agent!

We're over-run with midfielders! You haven't got a pacy young striker you don't want, have you?!

I think Phil Brown should have a look at Kristian Dennis of Macclesfield. He is currently on loan from Stockport. He has scored 20 goals this season for Macclesfield and at 25 can still improve further. Might cost a fee, but it should not be too much. Interestingly, Dennis has got goals virtually everywhere he has been.

At this time of the season there will be players who are part of squads but not even getting on the bench over the past three months. These are the types who will often go out on loan. It is in this area that I think we may sign a player or two from Championship clubs. A good example was McLaughlin signed initially on loan when not getting a look in at Forest.

I think Bentley will be sold and all loanees will be sent back to their respective clubs, Hurst will go also along with Williams this will this will allow PB to bring in a big bustling pacey striker and what ever else he needs ,off course a goalkeeper also.

Not based on any gossip or inside knowledge, but just wondering if we might have a sniff of getting Tyler Walker on loan from Notts Forest. He's the son of Des Walker, played a few games for them earlier this season but has fallen down the pecking order and is now not even making the bench. Given our connections with Forest through Dougie Friedman (they took one of our youth players recently), Steven McLaughlin being here and also Walker playing with Ted Smith in the England under-20s, I wonder if he's on our radar?

I think Bentley will be sold and all loanees will be sent back to their respective clubs, Hurst will go also along with Williams this will this will allow PB to bring in a big bustling pacey striker and what ever else he needs ,off course a goalkeeper also.

I would be surprised if Bentley went; can't see anyone paying what we would want for him

Simeon Jackson, who we were linked with in the summer, is being released when his contract at Barnsley ends on 3rd January. That said, he's only made 11 appearances for them, mostly from the bench, and is yet to score. Can't imagine he'd be worth the wages he would still be commanding if he can't get into their side.

Back