• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Ladies World Cup starting now!

SO good to watch a World Cup in this part of the world at normal times.

Off to England v Haiti tomorrow. Cannot wait! So nice to have something positive football related to look forward to instead of the other stuff we won’t talk about in this thread 😉

Switzerland were given a very soft penalty earlier. The Philippines went to clear the ball and a Swiss player slid in with a tackle, so the clearance ended up kicking the legs of a Swiss player. I suppose it technically is a foul but a penalty feels far too harsh, the Swiss player was already on the floor and there's no way the Filipino player could have reacted in time.

It’s not compulsory to be excited for the Women’s World Cup of course.

Each to their own.

When there’s a thread about something I don’t like though I hope I resist temptation to jump on it and post an unfunny joke about how I’m not interested in it and instead just leave the people who are to enjoy that thing.

Oh you are there! 👏

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football and text

Poor performance so far, it's hard to believe this is the same side that won the Euros. Hopefully it's just first match nerves because we won't get far playing like this.

Hard to describe that performance as anything but crap, a better side will thrash us if we play like that again.

My Chinese Cherubs lost in the last minute to Denmark. That was the game that I thought the cherubs needed to not lose to have a chance of qualifying. Think it’s over before it’s started now. Will beat Haiti and lose to an England. Three points won’t be enough unless England go on a rampage and Haiti beat Denmark 1-0 and my cherubs smash Haiti. Oh well.

After a slow start I’ve hopefully started to pull away from the relegation zone in the prediction league 😂

Off to see Australia v Nigeria tomorrow. Whilst in cricket I always want the Aussies to lose regardless of who they’re playing, in football I like to see them do well (unless they play England) as it’s good for the sport over here.

Should be fun, a full house at Suncorp Stadium (or the Brisbane Stadium as FIFA insist it be called during the tournament) is always a great atmosphere especially with a partisan home crowd.

Back