• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

gpd

First XI
Should we....could we....will we.....

Is there anyone out there who would add to our team.....something a bit special?

This guy did well recently...could make 9 minutes at Roots Hall a bit of fun...
"Robert Lewandowski scored five goals in nine minutes after coming on as a substitute for Bayern Munich...."
He's only playing as a sub so he might be interested in a guaranteed starting place with us...c'mon Phil...go get him!!

I know he's trouble but if we could get Nile Ranger in..if only for the headlines about a loan Ranger!!!

In my honest opinion I don't think we need anyone really. Im content with the team and think we should keep the squad settled.

If Williams is properly in the picture then I don't think we need anyone but if he isn't then we definitely need another striker because if Hunt gets little niggles all of the time, Mooney and the Pig are not enough. Think we need something a little different from our main three.

In my honest opinion I don't think we need anyone really. Im content with the team and think we should keep the squad settled.
You don't think we need anyone even though we only had 2 first team strikers on Saturday? (one of which wasn't very effective)

A striker if the right one is available, otherwise I'm pretty happy with the squad we've got now. For the first time in years we seem to have depth in almost every position.

You don't think we need anyone even though we only had 2 first team strikers on Saturday? (one of which wasn't very effective)

Depends on how long Hunt is out for.

No point bringing a loan in if he is only out for one game.

The other point is whether Williams is deemed ready or not, if he is then we have four strikers.

Think we are waiting till next week because of the 93 day loan would then take it through till January

Depends on how long Hunt is out for.

No point bringing a loan in if he is only out for one game.

The other point is whether Williams is deemed ready or not, if he is then we have four strikers.
Even with Hunt fit i think we could do with another option, especially with Pigott offering little so far. I think Williams being on the bench on Saturday was more of a case of there being literally no other choice rather than him being ready.

Pace and power up top is needed imo.

Very much agree with this. Need at least one more upfront with considerable pace. Pace wise apart from Leonard apparently and perhaps Weston , who have we got? Mixed reviews too about Williams who gets 2 minutes here and there .
having watched Gillingham once this year I was annoyed that they seemed to posses 6 players of pace, Garmston and Jackson are scarily quick fullbacks, supported by Isadebe, McGlashen and leading scorer Bradley Dack, all midfielders pretty quick , with still Cody MC DOnald a miniature racehorse upfront. Sadly made me realise as improved as we are , we way short of players of this sort of pace?

Maybe in the light of Stephen McLaughlins illness we may need to look to loanees?
(Here's hoping Stephen is back very soon)
[h=2][/h]

Back