• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Bad Barry Corr

First XI⭐
Chris Phillips just posted the news that Franck Moussa is training with Southend at the moment. If it is a trial, would we want to sign a player like him with such a bad injury record? I think if it works out, he would be a great acquisition but it has to be a big if looking at his record over the past few seasons. Thoughts?

At the very least it's great to hear he's training with us. He's a class act and needs to get back to full fitness. In the long run, I'd love to have him back. A fully fit Moussa is a serious upgrade on our current wide players.

Would be a great addition. Can see it only being for his fitness at the moment, not fit enough and too expensive for us to sign before he's match fit. Hopefully will lead to something though.

Well if we're looking for players who can handle it at Championship Level then surely Moussa fits the bill if he can stay clear of injury.

Another midfielder .... no thanks. We need a centre back not another wide player sitting on the subs bench.

Well if we're looking for players who can handle it at Championship Level then surely Moussa fits the bill if he can stay clear of injury.

No doubt that Moussa has Championship ability, but I think the big questions should be why isn't he playing there now, and has his playing career there now made him so injury prone that he would be an expensive crock? I have no idea whether PB is looking to sign the guy, or just helping him out with getting fit. If there is a possibility of him signing for us, then it would be a no from me.

He has a niggling knee injury, couldn't get into the Charlton team and we have a squad full of midfielders.

That said, if he can stay fit and find form, he would be a fantastic aquisition for next season

He has a niggling knee injury, couldn't get into the Charlton team and we have a squad full of midfielders.

That said, if he can stay fit and find form, he would be a fantastic aquisition for next season

Yeah, but didn't we all say that about Freddy and Barney as well when they first returned? (well maybe not you perhaps DWB).

Exactly the kind of astute acquisition we should be looking at making if his knee holds up.

We currently have nobody that drives forward through central midfield, anyone notice the space in the centre in the last few games ? We have too many similar players at the moment, Moussa would add a new dimension. Pay as you play deal starting in April, bursts through on a 50 yard run and scores the winner at Wembley, this management game is so easy, sort it out Phil.

With "if" being the operative word here, Moussa and Lenny would be a terrific duo in the middle of midfield!

Someone who has played for us before is training with us and may play for us again.
Cue hysteria.
Should we make him manager if PB leaves?

With "if" being the operative word here, Moussa and Lenny would be a terrific duo in the middle of midfield!

I don't think Moussa has played CM for a long time. He'd either play in the hole that Payne currently occupies, or out wide in a 442 or 433. A 433 with Payne and Moussa either side of Barnett would be quality.

Hopefully he would be an Adam Barrett and not an Eastwood / Barnard on his (possible) return? :clap:

Always thankful to Moooooooooooossssssssaaaaaaaa for that winner at Colchester a few seasons ago:happy:

Back