• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The New Striker

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
I know one swallow doesn't make a summer, but with Super Hooper showing a bit of form now, should Tilly be thinking of making sure the new striking sensation we should be signing soon can play alongside our number 21...

Think you could be right in saying hoops could be the man to play alongside a quality centre forward who can hold the ball up a bit.
I have said before last season ,that i feel with a bit of love and support from us fans that Hoops could turn out to be a more than good enough striking option for us...have faith and support him like the travelling army did yesterday.

I think Hooper is a very good player technically.....the only problem is that apart from yesterday's MotM performance he hasn't looked interested one bit in most of the games I've seen him play!

Am I right in thinking that his goal yesterday was his 1st in the league for SUFC???

Still, hopefully he's turned the corner and can prove me wrong by playing well and scoring on a regular basis......

Calm down lads he scored one goal, he has a way to go to convince me that he is the answer thats for sure.

Shrimp Shady it was his 2nd league goal for us.

Calm down lads he scored one goal, he has a way to go to convince me that he is the answer thats for sure.

Shrimp Shady it was his 2nd league goal for us.

I dont think anyone is jumping the gun here, but when you have people calling for Harrold to be put straight back into the team next week in front of Hoops it seems silly to me. Give the lad a run of STARTS and im sure he will score a few with continued support from us lot.

I dont think anyone is jumping the gun here, but when you have people calling for Harrold to be put straight back into the team next week in front of Hoops it seems silly to me. Give the lad a run of STARTS and im sure he will score a few with continued support from us lot.

Fair enough he deserves a run in the side and then see how he does, saying that we should buy someone to play with him seems a bit daft to me.

Its either that or Harrold;)

Its only fair he gets some starts to prove yesterday was no fluke though.
The lad has good ability just needs to realise how lucky he is to be a pro footballer.

Its either that or Harrold;)

Its only fair he gets some starts to prove yesterday was no fluke though.
The lad has good ability just needs to realise how lucky he is to be a pro footballer.

Like I said he should keep his place its upto him to take the chance now!

Haha this is ridiculous. After a good game against bottom of the league people are saying that we should build our team round Hooper? I'm not being harsh on the lad but you see where I'm coming from!?

Just proves the fact that fans will love you if you win, hate you if you lose.

If you read the posts back you will find that people have said he deserves to keep his place in the team over Harrold for the next match...Maybe if some so called knowledgable fans would give him a chance then you never know !!!!

I'm glad people have seemingly finally taken to him. It seemed like I was the only one championing him and that I was the only one who saw the potential. He's 19 still, and 2 years ago he was only a regular sub for Grays. 3 years ago he was playing as a 16 year old in the Conference South. He's learning and will have in and out games of course, but he's got the potential if he gets his head down. For whatever reason I really don't believe he's been given a fair chance here yet, but perhaps we are indeed trying to nurture him.

People on here are far too quick to jump on some people.

I'm glad people have seemingly finally taken to him. It seemed like I was the only one championing him and that I was the only one who saw the potential. He's 19 still, and 2 years ago he was only a regular sub for Grays. 3 years ago he was playing as a 16 year old in the Conference South. He's learning and will have in and out games of course, but he's got the potential if he gets his head down. For whatever reason I really don't believe he's been given a fair chance here yet, but perhaps we are indeed trying to nurture him.

People on here are far too quick to jump on some people.

Andy your not alone mate, i wholeheartedly agree with you, whilst he might not be the Premiership standard striker some expect on here, for a team in Lge 1 he certainly has potential to become a regular scorer, and more than adequate back up player/number 2 striker.

Haha this is ridiculous. After a good game against bottom of the league people are saying that we should build our team round Hooper? I'm not being harsh on the lad but you see where I'm coming from!?

Just proves the fact that fans will love you if you win, hate you if you lose.

I am not saying we should build our team around him, however a 21 year old ex-non league striker became the number one striker at our club fairly quickly... Lightning does strike twice you know...

He may only have one goal to his credit, but i think he could be our next Freddy Eastwood.

I agree he is still very young and has alot to learn so he will definatly be one to hang onto.

He may only have one goal to his credit, but i think he could be our next Freddy Eastwood.

Nope.

Eastwood was a class above Hooper and its people expecting every striker to be the next Eastwood that leads to everyone getting on their backs.

Hooper has never really looked good enough for me but has had his moments. Certainly coming on in the last couple of games he looked bright.

He had a superb game Saturday against a woeful team, lets not forget he failed to score when Dagenham didnt even have a keeper in goal.

I hope this could be something to build on but lets not get carried away just yet.

Back