• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The original Star Wars script!

Can't understand how people don't like the films, especially the original ones. Fantastic story and great effects for the time it was made. Theres a reason a lot of sci fi films flop after trying to emulate star war's success.

I'd comment, but OBL would get offended.
:p
It's the kind of film that you can either get into it or you can't, personally I can't! To make sense you have to have watched them all really and unfortunately I didn't watch them in order so never understood the first one I saw and couldn't get into it and just never got round to watching them all in order

:p
It's the kind of film that you can either get into it or you can't, personally I can't! To make sense you have to have watched them all really and unfortunately I didn't watch them in order so never understood the first one I saw and couldn't get into it and just never got round to watching them all in order

It's not just a film. It's a religion!

Remember people of a certain age (ie, mid 30's) were blown away by the story, and for 1977, the absolutely incredible effects. The opening shot of the star destroyer that just kept on going was absolutely mind blowing for a six year old! I've probably seen episodes 4-6 a stupid amount of times and can quite happily put them on again and again.

Last edited:
It's not just a film. It's a religion!

Remember people of a certain age (ie, mid 30's) were blown away by the story, and for 1977, the absolutely incredible effects. The opening shot of the star destroyer that just kept on going was absolutely mind blowing for a six year old! I've probably seen episodes 4-6 a stupid amount of times and can quite happily put them on again and again.

Loved it when I was a kid had the figures and all that, kinda grew out of it though!

Loved it when I was a kid had the figures and all that, kinda grew out of it though!

:stunned: Grew out of it! :stunned:

I have a cat named Leia, a Lego X-Wing above my PC and a few Lego Star Wars figures dotted around the house! Seriously considered spending wads on a Lego Millennium Falcon.... but didn't!

:stunned: Grew out of it! :stunned:

I have a cat named Leia, a Lego X-Wing above my PC and a few Lego Star Wars figures dotted around the house! Seriously considered spending wads on a Lego Millennium Falcon.... but didn't!

Erm yeah! I've seen one of the new ones and thought it was alright nothing special though.

1, 2 and 3 were the biggest piles of ***** ever, and unfortunately damaged my love of Star Wars. The original series were great, I might watch them again this week!

I think Star Wars was a very simple formula, executed in a spectacular fashion.

Essentially good vs evil with spaceships and lasers. Pew Pew!!

As a 5 year old it blew my mind in 1976.

BUT, the dialogue was pants, and didn't really improve over the next two installments. Unfortunately the prequels didn't get much better in the story/script department either.

Funny, I was talking about cinemas in the 70's to someone last week. People smoking, choc ices, Stereo sound (Wow!). I can remember the blue, carcinogenic smoke rising across the screen as the Imperial Destroyer thundered past....

Can't understand how people don't like the films, especially the original ones. Fantastic story and great effects for the time it was made. Theres a reason a lot of sci fi films flop after trying to emulate star war's success.

Good films however what I really admire is the way Lucas ruthlessly exploits the geeks and obsessives with wave after wave of unecessary low quality merchandise.

As far as Sci Fi fims go I preferred Tron.

Last edited:
Mad Cyril revealed

tron-man.jpg

Back