• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This should be a HUGE news story, other than just an average day bit of cover; BUT when states run the media with the collusion of moguls (who may or my not be involved) then it gets the minimum of coverage and quietly let drop from the headlines.
Wikileaks had loads of stories that ought to have filled newspaper columns for years but has slipped from many's memories; as has the MP's expenses stuff (still happening) etc.
However blaming Call Me Dave for the sins of his father, (who died in 2010?) is not fair play is it?

This should be a HUGE news story, other than just an average day bit of cover; BUT when states run the media with the collusion of moguls (who may or my not be involved) then it gets the minimum of coverage and quietly let drop from the headlines.
Wikileaks had loads of stories that ought to have filled newspaper columns for years but has slipped from many's memories; as has the MP's expenses stuff (still happening) etc.
However blaming Call Me Dave for the sins of his father, (who died in 2010?) is not fair play is it?

But I also think there's an element of people thinking, so rich people evade/avoid tax, tell me something I don't know!

But I also think there's an element of people thinking, so rich people evade/avoid tax, tell me something I don't know!

That, and the fact that there are around 11 million documents to go through. I think people are daunted by the size of it.

Yeah but the interesting thing is that it's quite legal (though it shouldn't be,IMO) as long as you inform HMR etc of what you're doing.

Not suprisingly many of the people concerned don't even bother to do that.

Is it OK to say that Putin and many other world leaders (including the Chinese) have also been mentioned?

The point about Cameron was that he has called for these sort of tax loopholes to be closed down.Maybe he should start with his own trust fund?

It's all over the on-line papers and the BBC are devoting a huge amount of time to it.
Call me Dave is not responsible for what his father did, unless he colluded in it, of course.

I suppose I should be seething, but is there anything new in this? The mega rich and the moderate rich have always hid their money from the grabbing hands of the proles. We were never "in this together" and never will be.

I know I risk diverting this thread, but I can't help hoping that the whistleblower laws in Panama are up to scratch.

How on earth do you steel 11 million documents? You can't transfer them from a server because it would take too long (apparently we're talking 3 terabytes of data) so whoever it was must have stolen (or hacked) a server...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35967201

Labour demands tax haven enquiry for all Britons.

And so they should.

Of course Labour are going to jump on this but they had a lawyer on BBC breakfast this morning discussing it and he said Cameron's governments have actually done more than any other European country (and more than New Labour did, which isn't much) to clamp down on tax avoidance.

Back