• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This should be a HUGE news story, other than just an average day bit of cover; BUT when states run the media with the collusion of moguls (who may or my not be involved) then it gets the minimum of coverage and quietly let drop from the headlines.
Wikileaks had loads of stories that ought to have filled newspaper columns for years but has slipped from many's memories; as has the MP's expenses stuff (still happening) etc.
However blaming Call Me Dave for the sins of his father, (who died in 2010?) is not fair play is it?

The Times and the Sun - Rupert Murdoch - tax exile, utilises off-shore subsidiaries in Cayman Islands, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands etc
The Telegraph - the Barclay Brothers - tax exiles in the Channel Islands
Gruaniad - owned by an overseas Trust
Mail - Jonathan Rotheremere, non-dom - Mail owned by a Jersey trust and a Bermudan company
Express, Star, OK!, Television X, Red Hot TV, Asian Wives Weekly - owned via offshore companies in Guernsey with loans to Luxembourg subsidiary

Of course Labour are going to jump on this but they had a lawyer on BBC breakfast this morning discussing it and he said Cameron's governments have actually done more than any other European country (and more than New Labour did, which isn't much) to clamp down on tax avoidance.

If politicians don't want this to happen they need to start creating laws stopping it rather than create loopholes to be exploited.

As I am friends with George Osborne's brother Adam(The dark sheep of the family and almost disowned, google it, interesting story)from my poker days up The Western and The Vic. He's really likable. He was always brutally honest, and said when they were kids, he used to admit to everything, and George would own up to nothing. They were total opposites. He said George was always interested in politics and doing things with money, just like their Millionaire father. I would be amazed if our very own Chancellor hasn't used tax avoidance loopholes.

Cameron has already said he's not fighting the next election.

The trouble is the narrative is now being driven by people who don't understand trusts. Which is surprising given both the Grauniad's own expertise in overseas trust funds and that of their many trustifarians on the staff.

Cameron has already said he's not fighting the next election.

The trouble is the narrative is now being driven by people who don't understand trusts. Which is surprising given both the Grauniad's own expertise in overseas trust funds and that of their many trustifarians on the staff.

Overseas trusts are perfectly legal if they're declared.Not if they're not.What is there not to understand?

You're ignoring the point.Putin is almost certainly involved.

No, you've changed the point. I know this because it was me that raised the point and that point was that you claimed that the papers mentioned a name that they haven't.

If you've got the evidence on Vlad then do with it as you wish.

So why didn't they do it when they were in power?

In fact it was Cameron's governement who outlawed bearer shares which helps erase the way many of these are set up.

On another note it appears the new fifa president could be implicated. What a shock.:nope:

Because they were Blair's Labour - a corporate arse-kissing bunch of cronies so far from where the party should have been and where it is now.

Potentially one of the biggest geopolitical and financial scandals in years.

Less than three pages of SZ debate, and Barna's made it all about him. You have to admit, that is impressive, even by his standards.

Potentially one of the biggest geopolitical and financial scandals in years.

Less than three pages of SZ debate, and Barna's made it all about him. You have to admit, that is impressive, even by his standards.

Well to be fair, Pubey dragged him into it in post 3.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35977340

I see Cameron's finally been forced into doing the honest thing.

Maybe, but the wording leaves a lot to be desired. He's saying he and his family won't benefit in future. The implication being that he and/or they have benefitted up until now.

Whilst they're at it, HMRC should also have a good look and Georgie boy Osborne's family business that hasn't paid any tax since 2008 because they're very good at creating losses. Apparently Private Eye have been all over this for months/years.

Back