• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Peasants Are Revolting

Reg Martin

No Relation
Players leaving before the deadline, no signings coming in.
Rumours of financial problems circulating amongst fans.
Chief Exec held in contempt by supporters.
Have you guessed who it is yet? (And I'm not talking about Southend)

I'd take a guess at Hull... Some of the comments coming out of Hull seem a little bit premature though...

Another clue to further whip up the fervour this thread has generated - some fans of this club are starting to suggest the chairman has taken it as far as he can and should step aside.

Teesside Shrimper said:
Players leaving before the deadline, no signings coming in.
Rumours of financial problems circulating amongst fans.
Chief Exec held in contempt by supporters.
Have you guessed who it is yet? (And I'm not talking about Southend)
Liverpool ??

The chairman in question has until now widely been seen as the ideal club chairman

The same could be said for Hull... Lost Michael Turner days before the deadline, failed to bring in an adequate replacement and there are rumours around there that Duffen's consortium has gone into liquidation.

Pompey in trouble as well according to the bbc today, or just out of it apparently.

Its a shame to see this really, so much money floating about in this sport but still teams suffer.

Its a shame to see this really, so much money floating about in this sport but still teams suffer.

Yeah but who mainly is taking all the £££s, players and agents that's who, therefore all this extra cash floating about is going out of the sport!!!

Yeah but who mainly is taking all the £££s, players and agents that's who, therefore all this extra cash floating about is going out of the sport!!!

This is true, as much as I love watching the top players I would much rather them get a "very good" wage whilst other money is pumped into the rest of football, making all clubs sustainable as it seems its not just the lower league teams that are not being affected. This will bring up the question of players wages being capped, which I am not sure about really but ultimately its English football, fans, clubs, that is suffering.

Back