• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harsh as they only look at the cheapest price for a ticket, and, as we all know, being a one price across the ground club, that puts us bottom. They really should include the most expensive priced ticket too to get a fairer comparison.

Indeed, as OBL said, our tickets are pretty competitive, when I have done comparisons before our main stand is far from being the most expensive.

We always do bad in these tables because we don't offer a cheap seat. South lower should be a section we offered a bit cheaper rather than being a family section.

It's a bit hit and miss. I first done a check on us, then Arsenal (based on buying 22 tickets over a season) and Arsenal was only £100 more, now I don't believe that.

Season ticket prices

Very rare for me to start a thread but I thought this was quite interesting from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

According to them, we have the highest priced season ticket in the whole league. Make of that what you may but for me I don't really see what we get in return for being charged the most for examples facilities etc!

Good news.

Our pies are cheaper than the league average!

The other clubs lure you in with cheap tickets and then stitch you up with overpriced pies. Charlatans!

It's problematic. I note that 18-24 years old fans are lessening in numbers at football grounds and the reason given is the cost. We accept the big Prem boys don't give a monkeys about gate money or even care too much for the 'Joe Blog' supporter, because their revenue streams are in merchandising, sponsorship and league payments. For clubs at the lower end, such as ours, the season tickets and gate receipts are a vital income.

You can watch some very entertaining games in a park for free or attend non-league matches for a comparative pittance. The truth is, however much it hurts, we have to pay for the pride and status of having a professional league club.

It's virtually impossible to compare league clubs, even if they are in the same league, as overheads, crowd numbers etc can be very different and the price of a ticket will reflect the clubs need.

I am sure if SKY were to share out the cash more evenly, then clubs would find it easier to survive and could reduce gate costs. However, they do nothing for nothing and the level of control over our clubs would undoubtedly increase. Football is already a corporate cash cow in the higher league but at least we have the ability, at our level, to still feel real affiliation and belonging within our club. Most prem supporters are 'plastic' fans that were never born or even lived anywhere near their favourite club but like to associate themselves with perceived success. Be a Blue, be true and accept that we have to dip in our pocket to see the club continue.

Stop being reasonable, how are people going to slag off the chairman and probably the manager with that sort of attitude. :winking:

I don't think that's reasonable why should the price of Seat A161 in the East Stand be the same as Seat O77 - there's no comparison in what you can see apart from chalk and cheese.

Back