• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The sex of your child?

Options?

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Really looking forward to Thursday when Mrs DtS and I get another look at Dave Junior and finally get to find out what sex he/she is.

I was really keen on having a boy and have been adamant from day one that I wanted a boy. Then as a three times uncle to all girls I started to think how lovely it would be to have a girl. As I stand today I am slightly keen on having a boy but not really bothered.

Mrs DtS wants a girl and has done since day one.

Did you get what you wanted?

Also as a bit of fun please feel free to guess what where having.

Cheers
DtS

I got what I wanted until he turned into a Teenager ..:'(

I think you and Mrs Dts will have a girl.

I had my son first, followed by my daughter, which is exactly what I wanted. However, if I had known then what I know now about teenagers, I might have thought differently!

I think a girl also, bearing in mind that there are more girls born than boys and that there's already a lot of girl babies in your family! In my family, out of the 5 first cousins, my son is the only boy - he hates family gatherings!

i had boy followed by a girl and then another boy and have another boy on the way.

I think you'll have a boy, good luck whatever it is.

We had twin girls a couple of years ago, and we said that we always wanted 2 children, so it all happened in one go rather than two

Whatever you have it will be great, and the reward you get from children far outweighs the downsides.

Hope all goes well for you

Dave,

Babies are lovely but look what they turn into!!!!!

I think its a boy we are due one, either way I'm sure it will be a Shrimper, in fact 5th generation Shrimper.

Dad

When we went for our scan on the 20th of June same situation as yours. I wanted a boy and she wanted a girl. And guess what she wins its a a girl, to be honest it doesn't really bother me as long as she is healthy thats all that I am concerned about.

So I think your going to have a girl cause everyone else I know is having girl.

I had a girl first and a boy second. I admit I did want a boy first but now i would not change it for the world.

Remember it is easier to conceive a girl than a boy, for a boy you have a 24 hour windows whereas a girl has a 72 hour window, the sperms that give a boy are fast but not resilient, whereas the girl variety are hardier and are thought to be slightly slower.

The analogy I use to explain is that boy sperms are in a race to get their first, whereas the girls just like to hang around and have a natter.

So on that theory I would say a girl.

to be honest it doesn't really bother me as long as she is healthy thats all that I am concerned about.

This is the main thing to bear in mind I'd say.
I thought a lot of hospitals wouldn't tell you in advance what gender of baby you were having these days!

It used to be they would not tell you if it was your first but are happy to tell you for the second. In fact as we did not want to find out until the big day what the sex of either of our two were, it was hard to stop people trying to tell us on the second one.

I think the technology has improved quite a bit whereas before they were worried they might get sued if they got it wrong.

Was not fussed but was delighted when I saw him pop out - straight on the phone to the club shop when I left the hospital.

Interestingly, I have this morning ordered the new home shirt and also an infants shirt size 12-18mths only to be told they are not stocking infant sizes anymore as they don't sell - gutted.

Have you thought of any names?

I have a boy and a girl and wanted to call them Morris and Marina or Austin and Allegro.

My wife didn't.

I have one of each and I can assure you that neither you or your missus will really care what sex it is when it actually comes down to it.

i had a boy first, thought i'd want the next one to be a boy, she was a girl and I wouldn't change it, they are both great, got a boy on the way now ,

you should just hope that its healthy, you'll love it regardless

Back