• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

galvatron1983

Schoolboy
If we manage to scrape through to the JPT final, how many do you think we would take to the final?

Im thinking 20 to 25,000 including the fair weather fans...

If we can take nearly 20k to the mill stad then i would expect 30k to wembley.

(ps) You have surely jinxed the cup with this post

The thing is Wembley tickets are quite expensive. and with us being there for the FA Cup final a few weeks later, I'm not sure how many will turn out for the JPT.

I'm going to propose a policy that you can only buy tickets for Wembley if you went to Accrington away. Or if you've ever been hit in the face with a ball from Roy McDonough.

I'm going to propose a policy that you can only buy tickets for Wembley if you went to Accrington away. Or if you've ever been hit in the face with a ball from Roy McDonough.

O.K. we have played Accrington away 4 times (If you include 1958 & 1960) so about 300 people have seen us play at Accrington. I would imagine easily more than 300 people have been hit in the face with a ball from Roy McDonough.

So we should have over 600 that meet the criteria, that will easily beat the 150 or so Southend fans that were at our last match at Wembley.

O.K. we have played Accrington away 4 times (If you include 1958 & 1960) so about 300 people have seen us play at Accrington. I would imagine easily more than 300 people have been hit in the face with a ball from Roy McDonough.

So we should have over 600 that meet the criteria, that will easily beat the 150 or so Southend fans that were at our last match at Wembley.

lol! Imagine how many more it might have been if we'd had the Frank Walton stand in Donut's time?!

I might be relatively unique in that I've been to Accrington AND been hit in the face by a Donut special. I was collateral damage from a Donut crunching tackle on a poor unsuspecting left back who was bringing the ball up the wing in front of the west stand.

I think they found pieces of the left back in Westborough Primary School the next morning.

lol! Imagine how many more it might have been if we'd had the Frank Walton stand in Donut's time?!

I might be relatively unique in that I've been to Accrington AND been hit in the face by a Donut special. I was collateral damage from a Donut crunching tackle on a poor unsuspecting left back who was bringing the ball up the wing in front of the west stand.

I think they found pieces of the left back in Westborough Primary School the next morning.

I heard there were bits as far as the Plough......:smiles:

He did have a fair old tackle did Roy, and if you got by him there was Clarkey waiting!

I heard there were bits as far as the Plough......:smiles:

He did have a fair old tackle did Roy, and if you got by him there was Clarkey waiting!
They'd only make it as far as Clarkey if Glenn Pennyfather or Peter Butler missed them...

Actually we've been to Accy away five times if you include the time it got rained off an hour before kick off despite there not actually being any rain.

Back