• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Trust

• They do a great job

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • I think they try their best

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • They have passed their sell by date

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • They no longer take the views of the fans into consideration

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I would rather we had a new fans voice

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Bart

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
How do you feel they do,good or bad or indifferent...do they support your feelings or are they a body that no longer is the voice for the fans.

This poll is no slight on them just gauging opinion.

No longer is the voice for the fans. The way a substantial sum of cash was handed over to Mr Martin last year was very poor, in my mind that cash should have been retained and a HUGE fund raising campaign launched so that should the worst happen there would be a fighting fund. I personally feel a great many supporters do not trust them to make wise decisions that are in the best interests of the club so there is a distinct lack of interest from fans.

Good intentions as they always have had, but currently do not have a voice with RM other than when he wants a quick interest free loan.

Not sure what else they could do though, as their number is pretty small compared to the supporter base. More supporters need to get involved and join if they are ever going to be a serious player in SUFC.

If they were 4 or 5 thousand strong, then maybe they could orgainse something.

Note to self................... Must rejoin........................:blush:

They seem to be like a secret organization. Mason types. You know they are there in the background, but you hardly ever hear of them or what they are doing.
With all that's been going on at the club the last few years, I would have expected many statements from them, maybe in the Evening Echo, where most fans will be able to read their views on events at our fast sinking club.

They seem to be like a secret organization. Mason types. You know they are there in the background, but you hardly ever hear of them or what they are doing.
With all that's been going on at the club the last few years, I would have expected many statements from them, maybe in the Evening Echo, where most fans will be able to read their views on events at our fast sinking club.

Hardly, All the liaison meeting minutes are published on the Trust site, all members get a regular newsletter, they have a stall at Meet the Blues, and statements are posted on here with regards certain issues.

Hardly, All the liaison meeting minutes are published on the Trust site, all members get a regular newsletter, they have a stall at Meet the Blues, and statements are posted on here with regards certain issues.

Yes.But there is a marked reluctance to debate those issues on here, as opposed to making statements,though.

i actually take my hat off to anybody that is willing to undertake a role that they get no payment for - other than the love of the club they support. Wherever I can I always try to support their events.
Problem is they are restricted in what they can actually achieve at the club due to the current structure within the football club and until that changes I am afraid they will not be able to challenge anything form the club.

Yes.But there is a marked reluctance to debate those issues on here, as opposed to making statements,though.

A fair point ..we only have links to their site..most things they discuss are banned from general discussion on here at least...even their committee are told off for joining in some debate as regards to them...I do not understand why it is such a closed shop if we are all SUFC fans.

if ron martin decides to eff off it could well be the trust that saves the club in many ways if nobody came in straight away, they support many different things at our club that not alot of people know about, they do a great job.

Most fans do not go on the trust site. The newsletters are for trust members. They haven't posted nowhere near enough on here.
They need to be heard a lot more by the majority of Southend supporters, as most of us have hardly heard a word from them since they were nudged a lot to make a statement about the paying back of the loan, and that was a long time ago.

Last edited:
i actually take my hat off to anybody that is willing to undertake a role that they get no payment for - other than the love of the club they support. Wherever I can I always try to support their events.
Problem is they are restricted in what they can actually achieve at the club due to the current structure within the football club and until that changes I am afraid they will not be able to challenge anything form the club.

Jackie nobody puts more effort into supporting the club, this site, the football teams we have than you.....you are a credit to all we try to do....I feel it would be better if there was more "openess" and shared goals than there is at the moment.

Jackie nobody puts more effort into supporting the club, this site, the football teams we have than you.....you are a credit to all we try to do....I feel it would be better if there was more "openess" and shared goals than there is at the moment.

John, I understand where you are coming from and in no way was my post aimed at any individual and yes I do understand what you are saying. Problem is at the moment any news seeping out of RH is not good but, I do feel that supporters should have an even representative present within the club.
The only thing that reeved me off was the hike in ST for next season. I have yet to find someone who the club "consulted" and whilst I understand the trust agreed with this I do not ever recall them asking the supporters

Personally i feel The Trust do a good job but there are areas which i feel they could improve. Firstly, i have already gone on record saying that the away travel could improve in two ways (Cost and reliability) and i have had discussions about this with them. Secondly is the communication with members regarding key issues like loans to the club. I recognize the fact that The Trust is run by volunteers but i often think that it is also a closed shop and unapproachable.

A fair point ..we only have links to their site..most things they discuss are banned from general discussion on here at least...even their committee are told off for joining in some debate as regards to them...I do not understand why it is such a closed shop if we are all SUFC fans.

This is how I see them I'm afraid. This is why I likened them to Masons. No wonder you hardly hear from them if they are banned from general discussion on here, and get told off, pathetic. This club is dying, take the shackles off and find a voice ffsake.

Maybe then it is time for everyone to come clean, sit down together and discuss these issues in a constructive manner so that all of us as supporters have one voice to be heard

Personally, I wouldn't like to say whether the Trust are doing a good job, or not. I'm not overly concerned at the lack of openness on some issues, though it's a fine line to tread.

The trust's role at the moment, I'd have thought, would be to help the supporters to help the club. Now, obviously, to do this they'd have to know more about the machinations of the club's board than the average fan, and furthermore would have to retain a certain level of confidentiality. There's no point the club being terrified of telling the Trust anything for fear of it becoming public, else they'll just be as ill informed as us.

So, do the Trust have any inside knowledge that they're unable to tell us? I hope so, and if they don't, and they're as in the dark as the rest of us then I'd question their effectiveness.

Posts about and against the trust,one winner Ron....urban warfare send in your new general tb to mop up...job nearly done enemy scattering [like we always do]

The Trust are reluctant to answer questions on the Zone but, to their credit, I recently had a few questions and e-mailed the Chairman who responded very quickly with answers.

Without a seat on the Board the Trust will be fed information that may or may not be true as club policy seems to be to tell the bare minimum.

I think The Trust guys and girls do a wonderful thing giving their free time. I just question if they are doing what the fans/members want or are just blinded by RM and his ways of silencing them and to tow the line.

The committee seem to just go with what the committee feels is right on the day.

The Trust are reluctant to answer questions on the Zone but, to their credit, I recently had a few questions and e-mailed the Chairman who responded very quickly with answers.

Without a seat on the Board the Trust will be fed information that may or may not be true as club policy seems to be to tell the bare minimum.

if ever a seat on the board was obtained ,the said person would have to keep their gob shut anyway.

Back