• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The signings situation

The signings situation - again...

• I want Tilly to sign someone quickly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only want the right player and if he's not available we'll wait

• I don't think we need anyone but if we get someone, great

• I don't think we need anyone at all

• I think we're doomed because we haven't signed anyone

• I trust Tilly and Brush's judgement totally

• I don't worry about what I can't control so am not bothered

• Total voters

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Personally, I can't influence anything Tilly does so am not losing sleep over the fact that we haven't signed anyone yet.

I went for the last one, as I suspect most will - but actually I'm doing my nut! A hefty amount of that is probably down to the boredom that inevitably strikes this time of year, like a heroin addict in forced remission all sorts or wild assertions are ejaculating forth regarding the signings/stadium/every other situation up for discussion...

The truth is the only thing that is likely to see normality restored will happen at 3pm on 6th August....

oops.gif

I trust in Tilly and Brush. They'll do us proud I'm sure.

I wanted to go with:

'Tilly signs some unknown from Conference South who truns out to be one of the best players we've had in ages. To go with our other one of course.'

Guess that was too long to give as an option!

Tour de France is on. The Ashes are round the corner. Super League season is ticking along nicely.

The football season is a month away so I really can't be getting too stressed about it at the moment. I'd much rather enjoy the other sports this summer has to offer.

And If I do think about football, I'd still like to think back to the great season we've just had, rather than get my knickers in a twist over next season already.

Everyone seems to be naming goalscorers. I don't think Tilly is looking for an out and out goalscorer. We have one of the best in the division already. I'm pretty sure Tilly is looking for someone to supply that goalscorer.

When Tilly was playing us to promotion from division 3, our key forward who made the difference from previous campaigns was not Brett Angell, but was Ian Benjamin. We'd been lucky enough to have had a whole string of strikers who could guarantee 20+ goals a season (Angell, Crown, Cadette, Phillips), what we had been lacking was the right man for them to play off.

Southend need the new Ian Benjamin.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ July 05 2005,17:18)]No need to panic, I think we will sign 3 or 4 players.

Surprised none of the bored types have not been down to Gloucester Park and Club Kingswood to do some 'spying'?
I doubt you'd have seen much thus far as I believe that they are due to be starting pre season tomorrow.

Back