• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There are 18 players there, 3 of which are goalkeepers ...That leaves 12 outfield players competing for 10 outfield positions... If you honestly believe thats suitable for a team that should be pushing for the play-offs then you're a braver man than me.

What's the problem with this - it just means our new formation is going to far more radical than any of us thought.

Tilson hardly every mentiones players his in the market for since his early days where he got stung by Scott McGleish (I think it was) who he announced we was very close to signing, then someone else came in at the 11th hour to snatch him away.

Not a lot of managers brand around names of players they are chasing as it alerts over clubs to his avaliability.

2 1/2 Weeks to go until the big kick off and we have 13 squad players... Now, I won't use Braintree as an excuse, mainly because I think the number of friendlies we've played in quick succession didn't help the performance, but whereas I think the team we have is capable of great things in this league, It's been made plainly obvious that the squad we have is not.

Whilst this is worrying, possibly the most worrying thing is the apparent drought of information, speculation and rumours regarding possible transfers. Whereas a large number of targets we tend to sign come out of the blue, there is almost always a steady stream of news on enquiries we've made and whether or not we are in talks with anybody.

This is the first pre-season where not only have I not heard anything myself or through speculation in the town and local press, but there's been extremely little on the usual sites regarding our movements in the transfer window. The only real, concrete evidence around that we've been in discussions is that Mulgrew publicly chose a return to Scotland over a permanent move here.

The faith remains in Tilson, he has time to bring the players in, but with absolutely no news seemingly surfacing, it doesn't look like any movement is on the horizon.

Cue the news of a Quadruple signing tomorrow morning. I hope.

The problem Tilson has had in the past is that he's named his targets & consequently alerted other clubs to there availability so this time I think he has decided to keep his cards very close to his chest!

13? Are you sure?

1 Mildenhalll
2 Joyce
3 Francis
4 Clarke
5 Barrett
6 Sankofa
7 Scannell
8 McCormack
9 Bailey
10 Mooose
11 Furlong
12 Barnard
13 Revell
14 Walker
15 Herd
16 Masters
NOT FORGETTING
17 Lokando
18 Ademeno
as well as a host of youngsters who are all looking to start pushing for places this season and could step into the fold (Henry, Lindie, etc)

Yes, we need to bolster the squad with four more signings but it's not as desperate as you make out. We have enough numbers to start the season, it's not like the bench is going to be empty!

And yes, Clarke and Bailey are transfer listed, but they're still here aren't they? Won't be going unless Ron knows Tilly can get a replacement in and that the offer for them is big enough.

...and we haven't got rid of Harrold or Foran yet so that actually makes 20!

The silence is indeed frustrating, I don't think anyone can argue with that. I'm not expecting the club to announce their targets, as that very rarely happens, but we haven't had many "rumours" this season. As in rumours on websites etc, not from random posters making things up.

If you look at the transfers in and out of League 1 clubs so far though, nobody has really done anything that great to improve their squads. A few infact have lost key players. The only club that has impressed me with their dealings so far, and who actually look a decent amount stronger are Huddersfield. They've signed Keigan Parker, Andy Butler, Jim Goodwin, Chris Lucketti and today will sign Michael Flynn. All very, very good signings at this level and they've only really lost Danny Schofield.

The silence is indeed frustrating, I don't think anyone can argue with that. I'm not expecting the club to announce their targets, as that very rarely happens, but we haven't had many "rumours" this season. As in rumours on websites etc, not from random posters making things up.

If you look at the transfers in and out of League 1 clubs so far though, nobody has really done anything that great to improve their squads. A few infact have lost key players. The only club that has impressed me with their dealings so far, and who actually look a decent amount stronger are Huddersfield. They've signed Keigan Parker, Andy Butler, Jim Goodwin, Chris Lucketti and today will sign Michael Flynn. All very, very good signings at this level and they've only really lost Danny Schofield.

Am I right in saying that they, and possibly Swindon, ran a scheme where if they sold a certain number of season tickets before a certain date they'd put the money in the transfer kitty.

Also, they are rumoured to be putting together a Ā£700k deal to bring in Alan Lee and Gary Roberts from Ipswich as well.

lance_corporal_jones.gif

Have faith!

My God, is this our new left back? i know Tilly is going for experience but this is taking the pee!!!:unsure:

Am I right in saying that they, and possibly Swindon, ran a scheme where if they sold a certain number of season tickets before a certain date they'd put the money in the transfer kitty.

Also, they are rumoured to be putting together a Ā£700k deal to bring in Alan Lee and Gary Roberts from Ipswich as well.

Yep I believe they did. Haven't they sold something stupid like 16,000 season tickets or something?

Gary Roberts is actually someone I'd like to see come here. Tilly looked at him whilst he was at Accrington actually.

Yep I believe they did. Haven't they sold something stupid like 16,000 season tickets or something?

Gary Roberts is actually someone I'd like to see come here. Tilly looked at him whilst he was at Accrington actually.

Some big figure, like Bradford in League Two who produce the cheapest season tickets in the football league (It was last season, I don't know about this season).

I agree with you there. Gary Roberts would be a very good signing for us.

Some big figure, like Bradford in League Two who produce the cheapest season tickets in the football league (It was last season, I don't know about this season).

I agree with you there. Gary Roberts would be a very good signing for us.

Just checked on their site and Huddersfield had 16,123 season ticket holders for the new season as of 9th June when their special offer finished. Blimey.

You are not seriously considering that from Herd onwards these people are ready to be part of the first team hoping to push for promotion?

If they're not ready then what are they doing in our first team squad? Ademeno made his debut ages ago - if he's not looking like he's capable of playing a part, including this season, then we should have let him go this summer. Lokando too.... these aren't kids, they're a decent age and have been around our first team squad for a long time now.

We won this league with James Lawson an active member of the squad....

Just checked on their site and Huddersfield had 16,123 season ticket holders for the new season as of 9th June when their special offer finished. Blimey.

Maybe its something for Southend United to think about when FF rolls around.

How many will still be going if they are not near the top of the table I wonder!

The squad situation has just gone from worrying to totally desperate! I've just had an e-mail from the club stating that 'Southend United need you'. Many may have thought that Furlong was a little old .......but ME??? Well honestly, I'll do anything I can to help but being realistic, I'm probably no good for any more than the last minute of additional time......and that's probably pushing it. I got an old pair of boots (hardly used), I bought back in the Seventies, somewhere downstairs in the 'bordel'.........I think I'll wait for further instructions before going to search for them. Only problem is that I'm working the next two weekends, perhaps I'll phone Steve and tell him I could be available for Peterborough.........if he can pay my air fare.

Back