• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Sopranos

Pubey

ok, so after we got married the missus and I decided we'd get into a few decent TV dramas, and so this week we began watching The Sopranos. I appreciate I'm very late to this. But oh my God it's amazing!!

It literally has everything you could want from a TV drama, it's funny, interesting and moving. You want to watch the next episode, but each episode takes a particular angle and issue.

I'm a huge fan of The Wire, but The Sopranos is well up there too!

Only halfway into the 1st Series, so no spoilers, but anyone else into it?

Massively!!! I used to rent the series from my Library at Uni, but because we could only have them for 2 days, I used to have to watch it pretty much all in one go! It's the only TV series I have ever been able to do that with... It's just so gripping.

So many twists and turns to come so I won't spoil anything for you, but I will say you will be crying for more at the end, I was practically punching the screen. There are a few filler episodes, but you still want to sit there and watch the next episode because of the way it has been built up and the tension created.

By far and away my favourite TV series!

I loved 'The Wire,' but I love this more. It's the dark humour, baby. There's only one big T --- and Carmella, Paulie, Sil, Big Pussy, Ralphie, Janis, T's mum, Uncle Junior, Christopher, Meadow, AJ ... and who was that crazy guy who came out of the clink in series 2? He was fantastic. If I wasn't so p***ed, I'd remember his name. BADA BING!

Last edited:
I loved 'The Wire,' but I love this more. It's the dark humour, baby. There's only one big T --- and Carmella, Paulie, Sil, Big Pussy, Ralphie, Janis, T's mum, Junior, Christopher, Meadow, AJ ... and who was that crazy guy who came out of the clink in series 2? He was fantastic. If I wasn't so p***ed, I'd remember his name. BADA BING!

Richie Aprille, who has a thing with janice

I've just acquired the first 5 series of Peep Show, so after watching that I think soprano's has to be next.

I'm a huge fan of The Wire, but The Soprano's is supreme. Series 5 of The Soprano's has to be the finest television series ever made.

Now that I'm all done on 24, Lost and The Wire I've decided to give this a look. I've just finished series 1, like with the Wire it took me a few episodes to feel it but now awaiting series 2 to hit my doormat.

Superlative TV. I watched it on telly first time around and am now ploughing through the DVDs (just about to embark on Season 3).

I love the fact that Steve Van Zandt was in both The Sopranos (as Sil) and The E Street Band. What a legendary double.

Superlative TV. I watched it on telly first time around and am now ploughing through the DVDs (just about to embark on Season 3).

I love the fact that Steve Van Zandt was in both The Sopranos (as Sil) and The E Street Band. What a legendary double.

Another link here - which you should see in 'Season 3' - is an episode featuring the boardwalk and buildings around Asbury Park, NJ.

This is my reason for Sopranos being 'in the queue' - but the fact it is also incredibly brilliant is a bonus!

Me and my missus are doing similar, downloading series to watch as TV is generally crap at the moment.

We're watching SouthLAnd at the moment, which is very good. Got Treme and Carnivale to watch as well as the Wire....

*phew* serious watching to be done!

I went on a 'Sopranos' tour back in 2002, which included a trip to 'Bada Bing' (or 'Satin Dolls' to give it its true name) - Tony's club. Surprised to see that the girls were in action on those poles on a Sunday afternoon, with Tom Petty's 'American Girl' reverberating around the place. :cool:

I went on a 'Sopranos' tour back in 2002, which included a trip to 'Bada Bing' (or 'Satin Dolls' to give it its true name) - Tony's club. Surprised to see that the girls were in action on those poles on a Sunday afternoon, with Tom Petty's 'American Girl' reverberating around the place. :cool:

Truly awesome :D

TV is absolute garbage at the moment, there is literally nothing that is 'must watch' currently.

My queue is:
The Sopranos
The Wire (again), the missus hasn't watched it.
Breaking Bad
Treme
Maybe finish off Oz, but not too sure.

Back