• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
We host Hull in just over week, who according to reports are none too happy with their owner rebrading to Hull Tigers..

How would we feel - let's say a new owner came in with millions - got us to the Prem, on the condition we were rebranded?

So the question is Southend United, chugging away where we are?

Or, The Southend Tigers, new stadium paid for in cash, million pound transfer, Prem footie week in week out?

Last edited:
We host Hull in just over week, who according to reports are none too happy with their owner rebrading to Hull Tigers..

How would we feel - let's say a new owner came in with millions - got us to the Prem, on the condition we were rebranded?

So the question is Southend United, chugging away where are?

Or, The Southend Tigers, new stadium paid for in cash, million pund transfer, Prem footie week in week out?

As we are!

I mean it would be great to be in the premiership but we should get there under our own steam. I know quite a few Munted supporters and the only time they show emotion is when they lose. They just expect to win the premiership year in year out. So for me it's as we are because you lows are low but your highs are very high.

Its just a name. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

In Hull's case its only adopting their nickname. Really don't see what all the fuss is about, once the owner dies, change it back again!

Their Chairman is threatening to walk away if they don't change their name. Surely a win/win situation.

That's what I thought. If they are operating within the boundaries of Financial Fair Play, they have nothing to worry about if he walks away, surely?

I'd never support a name change. The history and heritage of English football clubs are part of what make them so great.

Not sure "Southend Shrimpers" would be more marketable in Asia :unsure:

Song for the Hull game:
"Eeny meeny miny moe
You're Hull Tigers now, ya know!
Assem Allam won't let it go.
Eeny meeny miny moe"

:tease:

The players change, the managers change, the stadia change, fans come and go (at a much slower rate than players and managers of course) but the name 'Southend United' is constant and any change to that would see us lose our historical identity. No thanks.

Should add, some name changes are acceptable, e.g. Swansea Town changing their name when Swansea achieved city status. That made perfect sense, but a change to, say, Swansea Swans would be just wrong.

Last edited:
If Ron announced we were changing our name Id be annoyed.

If a millionaire came in and said he would build Fossetts and we would be finanically stable enough to compete in either the Championship or above then that would be a far tougher thing to turn down.

Their Chairman is threatening to walk away if they don't change their name. Surely a win/win situation.

Oh no! According to some on here fans have to name other people who would definitely buy the club if they are to want a chairman out.

Southend Slugs

That will work.

G'teed to put off the opposition.

We can always borrow a few hanging around an old hot dog in the closed South Upper catering bar to feature in some promo shots.

mmmm....New stadium paid for, you say.....Premier league football, you say.......mmm...I say...Up the Tigers!

Back