• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Southend United Board...

And, i assume you have your usual agenda of being a compete penis?
Correct me if i'm wrong...

You're wrong.

Nothing about prejudice, this time it's about facts - facts that don't lie.. and facts that tell the truth. However, i will not be the one this time, who sheds the light.. however, i feel someone else, just may.

No, the issue is that you are digging around looking for facts that fit your already determined opinion and in your eagerness to back up your prejudices are misinterpreting the relevance of the facts.

The fact that someone may have been involved with a bankrupt company does not mean they were incompetent or corrupt or in any way unsuitable to run a football club. If someone was disqualified or convicted of a dishonesty offence then I would be concerned.

You're wrong.

No, the issue is that you are digging around looking for facts that fit your already determined opinion and in your eagerness to back up your prejudices are misinterpreting the relevance of the facts.

The fact that someone may have been involved with a bankrupt company does not mean they were incompetent or corrupt or in any way unsuitable to run a football club. If someone was disqualified or convicted of a dishonesty offence then I would be concerned.

Fair enough. Good point (not the first bit though)

And as you have said. It's just questions..

Ta Love.

So the current board - what's the trust's representation on there? And, what's the person's remit / decision making authority?

The Website lists these as the directors: Markscheffel, Osbourne, Robinson, Van Wezel, Wilshire, Riddoch and Brunning.

The last 12 months have seen who leave? Lockett and Adamson?

Are these paid directors (the ones above) IF SO - do we know their remit on the board?

Whether they are paid or not is in the accounts, as is a number of other details about them.

have you seen the latest accounts ?

I'd suggest that the time to get worried would be if Ray Osbourne or Paul Robinson resign - long term directors in the professions, who couldn't be seen to be associated with any problems.

Whether they are paid or not is in the accounts, as is a number of other details about them.

have you seen the latest accounts ?

From last year, yes. But - it would be good to know what their remit is.

How much decision making do they get?

i'd suggest that the time to get worried would be if ray osbourne or paul robinson resign - long term directors in the professions, who couldn't be seen to be associated with any problems.

very good point

Back