• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The Takeover - Very very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what an absolute verbal 💩 fest from the 🐀! His narcissistical self righteous, deluded and flawed statement is contemptible given how he has brought our Club to the precipice of extinction. His usage of of the terms 'we' and 'we're' make me sick, he makes it sound like he has been some benevolent guardian rather than parasitic self indulging, despotic entity who possesses and manipulates Southend United for ultimately personal financial return. An absolute disgrace pure and simple!
Well said and the line....“It’s a win for the council and a win for the club too.”

He of course will be gaining nothing. 🙄

So its very close but has the concortium finished there D D or is there more to look into .Hopefuly it will be done and dusted soon .

Sounds like there’s still a way to go and Ron’s still playing games:

“We completed heads of terms on September 26 and we will not move away from those heads of terms.

“For me they’re cast in stone and providing everyone complies with that we will get to a conclusion.”
I wouldn’t say that to be fair. All he is doing is sticking to an agreement already made. I would expect nothing less. Unless he is expecting something to come out the woodwork, which he is going to ignore, then he is being an ****

He has also now added this. He has been saying this for a while though so hopefully nothing to stop the deal progressing to fin

Thought Robert had agreed to pass his shares over to the Trust a while back?

The chap to Ron's left was Ben Jones, he is handling legal aspects apparently on behalf of both sides.
just let the take over go through your fight is against ron not the new owners .Once the sale is complet then chase ron if you must .

just let the take over go through your fight is against ron not the new owners .Once the sale is complet then chase ron if you must .
From his point of view imagine he would have a lot more leverage right now but agree no one wants to see another drama, just want to see new owners in and we can move on with our lives and hopefully just watch some football. He has been posting this stuff for a while so assume it won’t amount to anything.

I doubt Jobson has any claim over any shares - if Ron owes him (or his dad's estate) money - then he needs to sue him for the cash, he doesn't still own the shares that allegedly haven't been paid for - unless of course the original legal agreement required forfeiture of shares in the event of non-payment.

But if I was owed £250k I don't think I'd sit on it for well over a decade and just make the odd twitter post about it!

Last edited:
He has also now added this. He has been saying this for a while though so hopefully nothing to stop the deal progressing to finish line.View attachment 29931
If we work on the basis that we have shared factual and why should we doubt it? information, this is why you conceited 🐀 our new Custodians are still undertaking due diligence, because let's face it when you don't pay someone what you owe it's not exactly like owing a tenner is it? What's the odd quarter of a million between friends and HMRC? The Custodians need to know exactly what rubbish the Roots Hall nest has been built on over time!

If we work on the basis that we have shared factual and why should we doubt it? information, this is why you conceited 🐀 our new Custodians are still undertaking due diligence, because let's face it when you don't pay someone what you owe it's not exactly like owing a tenner is it? What's the odd quarter of a million between friends and HMRC? The Custodians need to know exactly what rubbish the Roots Hall nest has been built on over time!
i read the the monies oweing to the tax has been paid .So would like to think the embargo will soon be a thing of our pase .

i read the the monies oweing to the tax has been paid .So would like to think the embargo will soon be a thing of our pase .
You keep repeating the same question, my dude, despite having received answers. I replied to you with the below the other day:

The HMRC debt which was the subject of the most recent petition was paid in full. However, the club hadn't been keeping up with tax obligations in the period between that petition being issued in April (?) and dismissed in October (?), so more debt has accumulated and the NL knows it. As I said above, enough has been done to stave off another WUP, but the full balance (rightly) won't be paid until the new owners have the keys to the building.

Same thing happened before. WUP slapped on last October for HMRC debt of £1.4m. Debt discharged and WUP dismissed in March, but club was already in arrears again having not kept up with tax obligations since that WUP was issued in October. The NL knew it, and so didn't lift the embargo despite that WUP being dismissed.

Round and round we go.
In short, the most recent petition debt was paid in full and the petition dismissed, but we are still owing money to HMRC. That won't be resolved until Justin Rees and consortium complete the purchase of SUFC, and the embargo won't be lifted until the debt is paid.

The rumour of JR being here for the Wealdstone game on the 2nd mean we expect takeover announced before then, do we think? Ron’s statements last night were concerning as ever. Feel like we have enough to be confident of it being done, but every time we still have to comprehend quotes from Ron it terrifies me.

Well what an absolute verbal 💩 fest from the 🐀! His narcissistical self righteous, deluded and flawed statement is contemptible given how he has brought our Club to the precipice of extinction. His usage of of the terms 'we' and 'we're' make me sick, he makes it sound like he has been some benevolent guardian rather than parasitic self indulging, despotic entity who possesses and manipulates Southend United for ultimately personal financial return. An absolute disgrace pure and simple!
Loved his opening line
“well, you all know who I am”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back