• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The Takeover - Very very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep repeating the same question, my dude, despite having received answers. I replied to you with the below the other day:

In short, the most recent petition debt was paid in full and the petition dismissed, but we are still owing money to HMRC. That won't be resolved until Justin Rees and consortium complete the purchase of SUFC, and the embargo won't be lifted until the debt is paid.
Isn't it Ron's debt though? Or have the consortium just agreed to pay it?

I wouldn’t say that to be fair. All he is doing is sticking to an agreement already made. I would expect nothing less. Unless he is expecting something to come out the woodwork, which he is going to ignore, then he is being an ****
Why’s he even suggesting it unless he’s expecting something to come out of the woodwork?

It sounds to me like they’ll be some last minute wrangling - probably about additional debt that has incurred since then.

Just re-read the interview that RM gave to the Echo after the vote yesterday.

Did anyone else feel a bit uneasy the way he was referring to we and us in the context of what will happen to the club going forward?

Now I have no inside info, but is there any possibility that RM is one of the consortium members, perhaps retaining a small shareholding insufficient to influence the direction that the consortium want to take the club, but nonetheless an involvement.

I know we will find out soon enough but I did wonder why he was using those terms when in theory he won't have any legal interest if it is a complete sale of his interest.

Others ITK may be able to confirm if my fears are groundless.

Just re-read the interview that RM gave to the Echo after the vote yesterday.

Did anyone else feel a bit uneasy the way he was referring to we and us in the context of what will happen to the club going forward?

Now I have no inside info, but is there any possibility that RM is one of the consortium members, perhaps retaining a small shareholding insufficient to influence the direction that the consortium want to take the club, but nonetheless an involvement.

I know we will find out soon enough but I did wonder why he was using those terms when in theory he won't have any legal interest if it is a complete sale of his interest.

Others ITK may be able to confirm if my fears are groundless.
correct your fears are groundless As soon as the takeover is done Ron the rat will be a thing of the past .

You know, much as Ronnie the Rat's statement has upset people, I think that this is a brilliant move by the consortium to allow him to have his swansong 'moment' - playing right into the narcissistic behaviour he is so famed for! Giving him this platform now, right at the dying hour, gives him the ability to position himself (from his perspective) as the benevolent saviour, selling the club and Roots Hall to people of his choice following his "£25m investment" (asset stripping) and "doing the best for the club" over the years.

Now we all know that this is deluded at best, but the consortium allowing the platform and free rein to attach himself to the ongoing Southend United "we" is likely to ensure that there is much less space for some underhanded 11 3/4 hour stunt! Some lurking nasties are likely to emerge regardless, which I think the consortium fully expects, and I think is the reason why the process has been delayed - to allow the lawyers to put watertight clauses in place to protect the club in the future.

Atm seems unlikely to be done today so when will it be done?
The $64,000 question, which I don’t think I’ve seen anyone answer on the Zone or in the media. The most we know is that some consortium members were quoted as ‘certain’ it would be done by the end of the month. So that’s sometime in the next 10 days. Fingers crossed. Let’s hope its this week!

By the way, I reckon that things are probably in place and agreed for the two or three signings referred to by John Still. As soon as we are able to officially move it will hopefully be a very quick process. If those three lads aren’t on board by Gateshead next weekend (unlikely IMO given medicals, logistics etc and the small matter of some bureaucracy to navigate following the takeover before we can sign anyone) then I reckon they will be by our next home game against Wealdstone in two weeks‘ time.

You know, much as Ronnie the Rat's statement has upset people, I think that this is a brilliant move by the consortium to allow him to have his swansong 'moment' - playing right into the narcissistic behaviour he is so famed for! Giving him this platform now, right at the dying hour, gives him the ability to position himself (from his perspective) as the benevolent saviour, selling the club and Roots Hall to people of his choice following his "£25m investment" (asset stripping) and "doing the best for the club" over the years.

Now we all know that this is deluded at best, but the consortium allowing the platform and free rein to attach himself to the ongoing Southend United "we" is likely to ensure that there is much less space for some underhanded 11 3/4 hour stunt! Some lurking nasties are likely to emerge regardless, which I think the consortium fully expects, and I think is the reason why the process has been delayed - to allow the lawyers to put watertight clauses in place to protect the club in the future.
I get where your coming from. The 🐀 deluded ego would have been fed all these months by the conceited thought process 'he' was still and until 'he' sold in control, the 'main' man. In his narcissistic world he lives by senerios that fit into to his version of reality not everyone's else's. Friday's platform was an opportunity for the 🐀 to flex that ego and massage his delusions. At this late stage I am sure the Consortium wouldn't be worried about his self promoting performance if it contributes to the end of the Roots Hall rodent problem.

I get where your coming from. The 🐀 deluded ego would have been fed all these months by the conceited thought process 'he' was still and until 'he' sold in control, the 'main' man. In his narcissistic world he lives by senerios that fit into to his version of reality not everyone's else's. Friday's platform was an opportunity for the 🐀 to flex that ego and massage his delusions. At this late stage I am sure the Consortium wouldn't be worried about his self promoting performance if it contributes to the end of the Roots Hall rodent problem.
The $64,000 question, which I don’t think I’ve seen anyone answer on the Zone or in the media. The most we know is that some consortium members were quoted as ‘certain’ it would be done by the end of the month. So that’s sometime in the next 10 days. Fingers crossed. Let’s hope its this week!

By the way, I reckon that things are probably in place and agreed for the two or three signings referred to by John Still. As soon as we are able to officially move it will hopefully be a very quick process. If those three lads aren’t on board by Gateshead next weekend (unlikely IMO given medicals, logistics etc and the small matter of some bureaucracy to navigate following the takeover before we can sign anyone) then I reckon they will be by our next home game against Wealdstone in two weeks‘ time.
Think I read somewhere that Justin will be attending the Wealdstone game so maybe a good news day 😊✔️😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back