• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The Takeover - Very very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this speculation and counter speculation is driving everyone round the twist, literally. I wager this thing won’t fully get put to bed until end of Jan mid Feb.

I really hope the new administration run a very tight ship with no leaks. Great communication to all fans at the same time. Then we can eradicate all this ITK my source is reliable, ego stroking nonsense. It has done nothing but create angst and false hope among supporters.
Great Post!!!!

I understand its 2023 but if we're playing that card, wheres the consideration for the mental health of those who don't have any contacts and rely on this information. The constant build up and then let down we have suffered since March this year, while I appreciate is not your doing, but you are responsible for sharing unvalidated information

May I respectfully suggest, especially those with a fragile state of mental health, that relying on social media for accurate information may not be the best place to be. In fact, having worked with people with MH issues for many years, my suggestion would be to immediately delete your SM accounts.

My take from Monday/Tuesday evenings excitement on here

Someone with an unreliable source and not a recognised "ITK" heard positive news and slapped it over Shrimperzone to either feed their ego or unable to contain their excitement

The genuine ITK's acknowledged the situation but expressed caution over premature celebrations.

Nearly a week on and nothing confirmed, certainly nothing promised publicly.

My take is that their source was aware that a further step had been taken but ended up being overoptimistic about the time it would take to complete the remaining steps.

In my experience of working on deals (and I dont claim to have an inside source on this one) this is a fairly common thing to happen. If everything goes right you can make your best case scenario but most often it’ll end up taking longer. These sorts of deals are usually held up by third parties who aren’t working day and night to get things done and when you need them to do their bit they’ve gone to pick up their kids from school etc.

It’s not just the council we were waiting on. It’ll also be the NL (prime candidates to have logged off yesterday lunch time), lenders, lenders’ solicitors, banks, maybe HMRC accounts etc. Then you get everything lined up and your signatories are by now out of the office watching their kids’ nativity play and can’t get to a printer for another couple of hours, by which time HMRC/the banks/the NL have shut for the evening.

Whilst some were anticipating an announcement yesterday afternoon, there were others (eg Tribal Chief, LeeBlue) being more cautious with their time lines. Their sources likely had the same information but just took a more pessimistic view of the timelines.

This doesn’t mean those who were hopeful’s sources were unreliable. Just that sometime things take longer than everyone wants.

Out of the ITK'S on here or twitter there's probably only about 20% I actually take much interest in. Not to say the other 80% aren't right or wrong but I found the majority of post they have put has been incorrect. I think the majority of ITK'S have posted in good faith but maybe there sources have got carried away by the information they have given which has lead to those jumping the gun. Me personally I don't see this takeover happening before the end of the year and will drag on into early part of next year. I hope I'm wrong.

I really hope the new administration run a very tight ship with no leaks. Great communication to all fans at the same time. Then we can eradicate all this ITK my source is reliable, ego stroking nonsense. It has done nothing but create angst and false hope among supporters.
Should this takeover ever finally happen, I hope we’ll never need ITKs again.

They’re only required because if we didn’t have insiders, we would never know what goes on at the club under RM.

Bottom line the club needs to regain the trust of fans and staff in order to reduce/minimise leaks. That’s on the consortium to sort out.

They’re only required because if we didn’t have insiders, we would never know what goes on at the club under RM.

Bottom line the club needs to regain the trust of fans and staff in order to reduce/minimise leaks. That’s on the consortium to sort out.
I just want to go back to potential signing teasers only, the rest is boring to me.

Nothing is ever set in place with this club because of the amount of delays we face all the time.

There is loads of sensitive stuff that the Club will never put out in public. Wages, transfer targets, contract negotiations and stuff of that ilk and stuff like that. That’s not a RM thing, it’ll be the same under JR et all too.

I don’t know if I’ll get the snippets of information that I currently do under new owners, but I know a couple of people have been “told off” by JR about bits that have been made public.

Not more good news that is close
I actually think this is a positive, its better than 'radio silence'! However, unfortunately, some people will always find fault with whatever is communicated, usually the same ones that bemoan no communication! FWIW I think Anna is a force for good on this particular brief, irrespective of the predictable criticism.

If we are waiting for any London office bods to get this sealed and delivered then forget it, the city shut down on Thurs, by Fri hardly anyone around. They wont be back untill the 2nd, so we might as well shut this thread and reopen in '24 for business as usual.

If we are waiting for any London office bods to get this sealed and delivered then forget it, the city shut down on Thurs, by Fri hardly anyone around. They wont be back untill the 2nd, so we might as well shut this thread and reopen in '24 for business as usual.
So no one is working in the City next week. Blimey. I got a rush hour train to London yesterday morning and it was rammed.

Working from home is quite popular nowadays

I actually think this is a positive, its better than 'radio silence'! However, unfortunately, some people will always find fault with whatever is communicated, usually the same ones that bemoan no communication! FWIW I think Anna is a force for good on this particular brief, irrespective of the predictable criticism.
No criticism from me I am pleased someone is telling us news I just get a little fed up hearing about all the good news the only news I want is takeover news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back