• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The Takeover - Very very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is has been a suggestion on here recently that the tax man has been paid off and other debts settled. Of course this is a completely different issue to the take over being finalised.

Is it a rumour our debts have been settled, or, does anyone believe it is fact.

Anyone know anything or know anyone who thinks they know something?
Everyone on here knows someone who thinks they know something. But the deal isn't done until it's done and it won't be done until the new year now unless both parties are using the worlds only solicitors that work over the Xmas period. Let's hope it goes through in Jan.

Reactions: jnl
Everyone on here knows someone who thinks they know something. But the deal isn't done until it's done and it won't be done until the new year now unless both parties are using the worlds only solicitors that work over the Xmas period. Let's hope it goes through in Jan.
Paying off the debts and completing the takeover seem to me to be two separate issues which was the point of my message as the payment of outstanding debts) might be much easier to complete than the take over.

There has been a suggestion by more than one person on here that the HMRC debt and perhaps others have been paid. Is that so?

I am not asking about the take over.

Could we be seeing a wagatha christie part 2 play out… the club are so fed up with confidential information being leaked they are giving duff information out to identify the leaker…..

I don’t really think that but outside the usual reliable sources there has been a lot of drivel.

Another transfer target missed out on due to the embargo & Martin.

For clarity, can an "ITK" actually define their understanding of "Close"

To me, "Close" is a couple of days, maximum a week.

Consistently read "Be Patient" and it is incredibly frustrating hearing news that isn't anything at all

I appreciate things change, and acknowledge who we're dealing with but one person claims in the know yesterday said "I've heard from 4 different people and they all said something different".

That indicates that some of your sources you hold in such high regard actually don't know what they're talking about.

A frustrating situation, but for eachothers sanity clarity would be appreciated

I know it seems to be nearly over the line but the strange thing for me is we heard nearly nothing for most if the time and now there are leaks all over the place saying this and that.

I know it seems to be nearly over the line but the strange thing for me is we heard nearly nothing for most if the time and now there are leaks all over the place saying this and that.
Leaks all over the place so nothing watertight 😃🥹

Probably because there are actually only a handful of genuine ITKs who don't say anything until there is something to say then the other "ITKs" come out of the wood work to plaster what they have "heard" (from here, twitter, facebook, their imagination etc) which makes it seem like there is more information than there is.

If you filter out all the people piling on in the hopes that they throw enough **** at the wall that it sticks so they can pretend to be in the know then the only information that has actually been leaked this week is that positive progress has been made

Probably because there are actually only a handful of genuine ITKs who don't say anything until there is something to say then the other "ITKs" come out of the wood work to plaster what they have "heard" (from here, twitter, facebook, their imagination etc) which makes it seem like there is more information than there is.

If you filter out all the people piling on in the hopes that they throw enough **** at the wall that it sticks so they can pretend to be in the know then the only information that has actually been leaked this week is that positive progress has been made
FWIW I can vouch for Tribal chiefs source. My source has stayed silent. The other sources I have heard of are let’s say very keen to jump the gun.

My take from Monday/Tuesday evenings excitement on here

Someone with an unreliable source and not a recognised "ITK" heard positive news and slapped it over Shrimperzone to either feed their ego or unable to contain their excitement

The genuine ITK's acknowledged the situation but expressed caution over premature celebrations.

Nearly a week on and nothing confirmed, certainly nothing promised publicly.

To play the "protect the mental health of the original poster" card is a disgrace though.

I understand its 2023 but if we're playing that card, wheres the consideration for the mental health of those who don't have any contacts and rely on this information. The constant build up and then let down we have suffered since March this year, while I appreciate is not your doing, but you are responsible for sharing unvalidated information

And with a conscience, you might realise that "maybe" and "might" are ultimately meaningless and you're leading on those who don't know any better. Same goes for a few others on here (e.g. 'iTs mY bIrThDaY')
People need to learn the meaning of ‘maybe’ and ‘might’ in that case. It’s pretty clear to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back