• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The Takeover - Very very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you made it clear that you believe nothing is going to happen. What I donโ€™t understand is why you have to repeat this at every opportunity. Surely once is enough. For someone who knows nothing is happening why are you on this thread so much? Attention seeking maybe. Please explain.
I don't have to explain anything to you. I know what I know and maybe tried a little expectation management. Three or four posts on this thread and that's every opportunity?
Fragile by any chance?

Iโ€™m grateful for any information. Many years ago I had a close contact to the club which back then would have made me an ITK. I would regularly get bits of inside info, and sometimes they werenโ€™t accurate or didnโ€™t come to fruition. Thatโ€™s the nature of these kind of connections. Only those people sitting in board meetings actually truly know whatโ€™s going on. The rest of us have to make do with the occasional โ€˜Iโ€™ve heard thisโ€™ or โ€˜donโ€™t say I told you or I could lose my jobโ€™ type titbits. Do we keep them to ourselves when we get them in case theyโ€™re wrong? Or do we share. I know which I prefer.

This thread is starting to feel a bit like 'After the Lord Mayor's Show' As with that event so this needs a bit of a clean-up with shovel and spade to some of our opinions and posts, but this is the beauty and, sometimes pain, of ShrimperZone. It's a Forum for all opinions and we're now very close to Xmas and peace and goodwill to all folk. So despite our disappointment on sale progress today lets all try and cut each other some slack over the holiday period.

An hour left of the day and no news from the club. Apologies if I got people's hopes up and for any F5 buttons that did not last the battle, but I made it clear in my tweet all along that it was never guaranteed:

"Christmas might come early tomorrow for Southend United ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป

Hearing there may be a big announcement about the takeover, the embargo being lifted, a couple new signings and new contracts for Kevin Maher & his staff ๐Ÿฆ"​

LS tweet has now been deleted.
The tweet hasn't been deleted.

I'm not going to delete it just because the club didn't release a statement today. I have a back bone. I have no control when any statement is released, I do not work for the club.

I do not claim to be an "ITK". I just try and keep fans in the loop with any info shared with me.

This came from a reliable source that has given me a lot of info over the past few seasons that has ultimately been proven right after I tweeted it, and just because it's not been released yet by the club doesn't mean it necessarily isn't going to happen.

I broke the news Southend were interested in James Morton. He's now signed. I said that there'd be a striker - Henry Sandat is coming in on loan. Cut me some slack.

I said there would be news re: new contracts for Kevin and his staff. It's been no secret that the consortium want to tie down the management to new contracts.

The consortium want the takeover completed, embargo lifted, a couple new signings and new contracts for Kev & Co before the half-season ticket cards go on sale. Justin let slip at the AGM that they were trying to get everything done before this point, no doubt to maximise sales and who can blame them?

Londonshrimper is not someone who reposts rumours. Heโ€™s a 10/10 for reliability at the time he posts. As above, note the key word in his tweet.. โ€œmightโ€.
This.

I was always cautious putting that tweet out, hence why I said "might" because like most things with this takeover there's been spanners thrown in the works throughout and it's never been plain sailing, in fact far from it.

We can all speculate as to why no statement was ever released today.

It could be that the club want to surprise Kidderminster with their preparation for tomorrow's game - not knowing what team we will be putting out. I've previously revealed we've signed players (Blondy, Brooklyn and Martin come to mind) and they've not been revealed until an hour or so before kick off.

It could be that they want to reveal Kev's new contract when they announce the takeover.

It could be that there's been an issue pop up at the last minute which needs resolving, which wouldn't surprise me given the type of person the Consortium are dealing with ๐Ÿ€

It could be (and I place heavy emphasis on this) that this particular person may be delaying things ever so slightly. The consortium are waiting on the green light re: the Council's confirmation on Fossetts following the positive recent meeting, which is in the hands of that person.

Justin Rees didn't land until 6pm tonight. The club were trying today to get the embargo lifted. I do not know if it was ultimately lifted or not. He may have had to deal with something which has delayed that...

Iโ€™m not sure theyโ€™ve been false, rather things donโ€™t always work out the way the club expects.

Heโ€™s broken a number of stories. Theyโ€™ve often taken a lot longer to come to fruition than expected.
This.
**** me, get over yourself. London shrimper said it could or might happen, never said it would
This.
London Shrimper never said the takeover WOULD be done today in fact nobody did
And this.

No statement today is not necessarily bad news. Nothing I have been told today worries me. Like I said above, and already in the public domain, the consortium want this done by the end of the year. It might not be done by Christmas, but like @BoyWonder2 has said, do not stress and try to enjoy your Christmas.

Players are ready to come through the door. The players that I have revealed our interest in personally excite me. Long gone are the days where we are signing ancient has-beens. One of our best assets is John Still, and when he gets to finally work his magic this team will soon be moving swiftly up the league with some reinforcements.

We all want the same thing for the club, but do not direct your frustration at me. Particularly if you work for the S*n, like one guy on Twitter.

Safe travels to all travelling to Kiddy & fingers crossed for 3 points.

Up the Blues ๐Ÿฆ

If these people, after all they have done, are found to be lying about Ron then they risk being voted out.

Do you think they'd take that risk or do you think that Ron's a ****?
I think both! Politicians are liars and lie all the time. Ron equally lies so you canโ€™t trust any of them more than the other

An hour left of the day and no news from the club. Apologies if I got people's hopes up and for any F5 buttons that did not last the battle, but I made it clear in my tweet all along that it was never guaranteed:

"Christmas might come early tomorrow for Southend United ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป

Hearing there may be a big announcement about the takeover, the embargo being lifted, a couple new signings and new contracts for Kevin Maher & his staff ๐Ÿฆ"​

The tweet hasn't been deleted.

I'm not going to delete it just because the club didn't release a statement today. I have a back bone. I have no control when any statement is released, I do not work for the club.

I do not claim to be an "ITK". I just try and keep fans in the loop with any info shared with me.

This came from a reliable source that has given me a lot of info over the past few seasons that has ultimately been proven right after I tweeted it, and just because it's not been released yet by the club doesn't mean it necessarily isn't going to happen.

I broke the news Southend were interested in James Morton. He's now signed. I said that there'd be a striker - Henry Sandat is coming in on loan. Cut me some slack.

I said there would be news re: new contracts for Kevin and his staff. It's been no secret that the consortium want to tie down the management to new contracts.

The consortium want the takeover completed, embargo lifted, a couple new signings and new contracts for Kev & Co before the half-season ticket cards go on sale. Justin let slip at the AGM that they were trying to get everything done before this point, no doubt to maximise sales and who can blame them?

This.

I was always cautious putting that tweet out, hence why I said "might" because like most things with this takeover there's been spanners thrown in the works throughout and it's never been plain sailing, in fact far from it.

We can all speculate as to why no statement was ever released today.

It could be that the club want to surprise Kidderminster with their preparation for tomorrow's game - not knowing what team we will be putting out. I've previously revealed we've signed players (Blondy, Brooklyn and Martin come to mind) and they've not been revealed until an hour or so before kick off.

It could be that they want to reveal Kev's new contract when they announce the takeover.

It could be that there's been an issue pop up at the last minute which needs resolving, which wouldn't surprise me given the type of person the Consortium are dealing with ๐Ÿ€

It could be (and I place heavy emphasis on this) that this particular person may be delaying things ever so slightly. The consortium are waiting on the green light re: the Council's confirmation on Fossetts following the positive recent meeting, which is in the hands of that person.

Justin Rees didn't land until 6pm tonight. The club were trying today to get the embargo lifted. I do not know if it was ultimately lifted or not. He may have had to deal with something which has delayed that...

This.

This.

And this.

No statement today is not necessarily bad news. Nothing I have been told today worries me. Like I said above, and already in the public domain, the consortium want this done by the end of the year. It might not be done by Christmas, but like @BoyWonder2 has said, do not stress and try to enjoy your Christmas.

Players are ready to come through the door. The players that I have revealed our interest in personally excite me. Long gone are the days where we are signing ancient has-beens. One of our best assets is John Still, and when he gets to finally work his magic this team will soon be moving swiftly up the league with some reinforcements.

We all want the same thing for the club, but do not direct your frustration at me. Particularly if you work for the S*n, like one guy on Twitter.

Safe travels to all travelling to Kiddy & fingers crossed for 3 points.

Up the Blues ๐Ÿฆ
Great post, LS. Thank you and here's hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back