• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Truth

I agree with all of you.
But in the cold light of day I'm still only marginally the wiser as to Ron's dealings.
A lot of us are asking why?
And that's because the bloke hides behind a veneer of half-truths laced with smoke and mirrors.
Why did he not see the embargoes coming?
How did they happen in the first place?
Why did he just not say, sorry folks, we've run out of dosh and we're going to have to settle for second best?
Assuming he's a successful businessman, it says here, why is he so crap at picking managers? Three out of 15 is not a good rate.
If that's your workforce only 20% are worth their wages.
And the worst thing?
There's not a thing we can do about it, and there's certainly more to come.

But York are now below the conference, National League North. Same happened to Stockport. There's always a league below.

Although York have moved into their new stadium, which is modern but crap compared with Bootham Crescent. Their first game in the new stadium was against AFC Fylde.

Plenty to look forward to.
That stadium cost £40m and looks awful. A “community stadium” just like Col U’s new ground. I think it’s 8,000 capacity. Football isn’t what it used to be, neither are grounds. Make the most of Roots Hall as I have a feeling we will miss the old place.
The Fish House or the Spread before games. Burgers with no onions. Leaking roof. **** view from the South Lower.

You know what hurts the most is we have had to watch this season from a distance, behind a computer screen, Scunny and Grimsby matches aside. Just Scunny for me, I couldn’t make Grimsby. It’s been the most surreal year I’ve ever known.

We will be back. Southend United will rise again. These bad days will make those good days ten times sweeter. Keep the faith, UTB.

Right. This club has been destroyed by Martin and his fantasy. We have seen last night how fan power can make people rethink. Images of Chelsea supporters last night was brilliant. What have WE done? Moan and ask light-weight questions with Martin getting off the hook with flaky answers and deflections. NOW is the time to act. People on this site know where he lives. If it is where I think it is then, Essex Way is a lovely long curving road that would look fantastic with socially distanced fans displaying banners sheets, etc letting Martin know enough is enough. I would be happy to spend a day standing there venting my frustrations. He must notice us. I live 200 mile away now but am more than prepared to be part of a demonstration. I would love to see the whole of Essex Way lined with supporters united in our anger, disgust, heartache, or whatever words you want to use. The demonstration needs to be orderly and lawful with no idiots kicking off. What are people's views on this? We have been too nice and too silent for too long. Action!!!!

That stadium cost £40m and looks awful. A “community stadium” just like Col U’s new ground. I think it’s 8,000 capacity. Football isn’t what it used to be, neither are grounds. Make the most of Roots Hall as I have a feeling we will miss the old place.
The Fish House or the Spread before games. Burgers with no onions. Leaking roof. **** view from the South Lower.

You know what hurts the most is we have had to watch this season from a distance, behind a computer screen, Scunny and Grimsby matches aside. Just Scunny for me, I couldn’t make Grimsby. It’s been the most surreal year I’ve ever known.

We will be back. Southend United will rise again. These bad days will make those good days ten times sweeter. Keep the faith, UTB.

The whole sports village may have cost £40m, but the stadium most definitely didn't.

8,000 seats with that design - try around £10m.

I wasn’t being sarcastic. You were right, £40m (ish) was the cost of the complex not just the stadium. I’ve heard double that figure quoted for construction of Fossetts.

Those gold plated cement mixers and scaffold poles don't come cheap you know......

I dont want to scrap the whole squad personally, I dont think that gets us back up at all
I think the vast majority of them need scrapping. I think there are too many here who have an ingrained losing mentality and have experienced too much of a horror show here. I think it's best for us and them that both parties get a fresh start, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions.

I no doubt like many others spent a season ticket on 2 games. I watched a few i-follow games but it's not really for me. Ive been a season ticket holder for god knows how long but I won't be renewing. I've actually stopped caring. I can't believe I am saying it but this doesnt feel like my club any more. I dont know if it's the pandemic, or the **** year Ive had or just the gutless management and onfield effort for the past 3 years. I plan to carry on going to away games and enjoying some new stadiums but until Ron redresses his mismanagement he isnt getting any more of my hard earned money. The damage is ****ing done mate.

I think the vast majority of them need scrapping. I think there are too many here who have an ingrained losing mentality and have experienced too much of a horror show here. I think it's best for us and them that both parties get a fresh start, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions.

Absolutely this. Better for all parties if at least 90% **** off and never, ever come back. Not even for a visit.

Harry Seaden, Tom Clifford and Sam Hart can stay - everyone else please do one as fast as possible - today would suit me fine.

I had the misfortune to have first met Mr Ron Martin in 1973. He had absolutely no interest in football and as you may already know, he had a massive ego and a great interest in sports cars.
This man has totally ruined our famous club. In my opinion it was not his intention to destroy Southend United but to make a grand amount of money by moving the club to a new ground and the housing that goes with it at Foessetts Farm and of course Roots Hall.

Pak66

JoinedJun 26, 2010Messages70LocationSouthend-on-sea
Aug 12, 2020
Ah well If Molesley accepts the job he is onto a winner. He will have ticked off two firsts.
Managing in division Two followed by the next season managing in the National League.
If he manages SUFC remember this post!

I know my football and I really wish I had not been proved right.

We are all discussing the players etc but what about some of the staff that work in the ground and some of the part time staff who work on match days?
I suspect they are worried too regarding their future.

Lets be honest this is a real mess and we need someone or something to help us out of it.

Back