• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So 17 games is the best I can see...04/05 when we went up from this division via the Play-Offs. Can anyone find a longer one?

This started with a 0-0 at home to Notts County on 15th Jan. We remained unbeaten for 16 further games (all competitions) spoiled by the LDV Final v Wrexham on 10th April. This run included 3 LDV games and funnily enough a Southern SF v Swindon as well!

So in all we remained unbeaten for 14 League games and 17 in total. As below:

P17, W10, D7, L0, F27, A9

The current unbeaten run stands at 15. Which is 11 League and 4 Cup games. As below:

P15, W13, D2, L0, F33, A7

So although we are still 2 games away from equalling (Oldham - FA Cup Rd 2) and 3 from beating (Swindon - JPT SF) that record from 04/05. You would have to say this run is even more impressive. Given the fact we have already won 3 more, scored 6 more goals and conceeded 3 less!...making this unofficially the greatest run ever??​

Last edited:
What I'm finding impressive is that we're doing it at the start of the season, just hoping we don't burn out as a result. Hard to keep the momentum going all season but I'm ever hopeful!

I was saying last night we must be close to a record. Good spot.

Im sure a team back in the day 20's 30's etc must have something similar

What I find really impressive about this run is the number of games we are winning. Very few draws. It reminds me a bit of the 80/81 season when we won 30 league matches. In that season we didn't have very long runs losing about every 8th game but lost only 7 league games all season.

Didnt we go 18 unbeaten a few years back under Tilly, think it was in league one, difference in this run is the amount of wins. I think we drew quite a few in the 18.

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, there's 2 before the end of January that look 'losable'. Our next away trip at Cheltenham is looking very tricky indeed, as does Shrewsbury away on January 21st. Apart from that, if we do slip up anywhere, it will be more of a 'shock' than us beating Preston last night, won;t it Mr Phillips? ;-)

Much as i applaud Huddersfield for their great run its actually quite interesting when you break it down ..

43 unbeaten league games .. 25 wins and 18 draws

During this run they've played 12 other games, winning 4 drawing 3 and losing 5 and the defeats have mostly been bigguns (3-5, 1-4, 0-3, 1-2, 0-4) so it certainly seems to be its 100% in the league games and a gentle work out in the cups and hope things turn out, if not its back to it in the next league match

It could be argued that our run is on a par with 'Udders :smile:

What I find really impressive about this run is the number of games we are winning. Very few draws. It reminds me a bit of the 80/81 season when we won 30 league matches. In that season we didn't have very long runs losing about every 8th game but lost only 7 league games all season.

Agreed, we actually lost 9 games in 80/81 all away, and drew 7 (4 at home & 3 away) but we never put a significant unbeaten run together if we had we may well have one the title by a bigger margin.

So 17 games is the best I can see...04/05 when we went up from this division via the Play-Offs. Can anyone find a longer one?

This started with a 0-0 at home to Notts County on 15th Jan. We remained unbeaten for 16 further games (all competitions) spoiled by the LDV Final v Wrexham on 10th April. This run included 3 LDV games and funnily enough a Southern SF v Swindon as well!

So in all we remained unbeaten for 14 League games and 17 in total. As below:

P17, W10, D7, L0, F27, A9

The current unbeaten run stands at 15. Which is 11 League and 4 Cup games. As below:

P15, W13, D2, L0, F33, A7

So although we are still 2 games away from equalling (Oldham - FA Cup Rd 2) and 3 from beating (Swindon - JPT SF) that record from 04/05. You would have to say this run is even more impressive. Given the fact we have already won 3 more, scored 6 more goals and conceeded 3 less!...making this unofficially the greatest run ever??​

Would be interesting to compare this excellent 15 game run with the corresponding 15 games last season. Clearly will show what a transformation has arisen in 12 months. But there's still a long way to go till the fat lady sings:smile:.

What I'm finding impressive is that we're doing it at the start of the season, just hoping we don't burn out as a result. Hard to keep the momentum going all season but I'm ever hopeful!

We don't need to. So far in the league we have averaged 2.28 points per game. Assuming we need 85 points for promotion we only need to average 1.57. We could win one, lose one from now to the end of the season and still go up...

We don't need to. So far in the league we have averaged 2.28 points per game. Assuming we need 85 points for promotion we only need to average 1.57. We could win one, lose one from now to the end of the season and still go up...

But wouldn't that only be 1.5points? :whistling:

Unless of course we start the next game with a win and end with a win.

Thanks Smiffy for your research and info however, I have to say that I'm not too happy highlighting the fact that we are approaching a record, for fear that will really put the mockers on it. Up to now our winning streak has been mentioned, even by myself, without alluding to records. Rather like our promotion bid, I like the idea of sneaking up on the rails without anyone noticing it. Admittedly, that becomes rather more difficult to achieve when you are top of the League! Would have prefered you to arrive with a thread in a couple of weeks time saying something to the effect "OMG has anyone realised that we've just beaten our unbeaten record from 2004/5!" Too late now, the cat's out of the bag ........let's hope that it doesn't get strangled between now and about 10.35pm on Tuesday 6th December!

Haha. Thats it, blame it on me when it all comes crashing down sometime in the next 3 games! :sad:

I think Chris P had already mentioned it on Twitter, quite a while ago anyway. So blame him! :thumbsup:

Haha. Thats it, blame it on me when it all comes crashing down sometime in the next 3 games! :sad:

I think Chris P had already mentioned it on Twitter, quite a while ago anyway. So blame him! :thumbsup:

I will certainly be blaming Smiffy when it all goes tits up with Red rep...I hope all my fellow Zoner's will follow suit when, or if it happens. :smiles:

Bring it on bitches....

:gun::moon::finger:

Anyway, we'll beat the record, then lose at Cheltenham. You heard it here first...

Can't see us loosing to Rovers, and I just hope we can equal the record by taking oldham to atleast a replay.

Swindon could be the ones who were at both ends of this run, depends how strong a squad they play.

This run does look just as impressive as the record though :)

Back