• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The View from my Window at Work

Being in the car most of the day I can see the expanse of lake Ontario, the CN tower,Toronto Pearson airport, and a lot of industrial estates.On a clear day I can see the spray from Niagara falls across the other side of the lake,Then to the north a little the Niagara escarpment. You can keep stinky London.

Out of the window thats nearest me is 6th avenue and radio city music hall. Plus lots of dodgy looking blokes trying to sell scarves, handbags and belts on the street corners.

Laindon one way and Basildon the other...Jesus, could it be any worse..

The only upside being the immense amount of totty I can also see on each floor!!

Work part time as a projectionist - so am currently sitting here in the baking heat with no windows and a crappy fan...

As for my college desk - no windows looking out there either...God I feel depressed!!

My Department is in the area of the building known as The Jonathon King Suite as it overlooks a Primary school

Yes, I work in the city, we are on the very border with E1 (Mansell Street ) .

I ised to overlook Chelmsford catherderal at my last place, which was very pleasant

Dont know.
The windows too high and even if it was lower the bars would get in the way

From my vantage point I can see knackered recovery trucks and even more knackered wrecks that were once cars. And if you listen real careful you can hear starlings coughing in the dust.

Life is good.

I work in Basildon so not exactly the hanging gardens of Babylon.

What about the hanging gardens of Basildon?

I have the luxury of 2 windows - from one I can see Stockton Police Station from the other I can see the River Tees - and some of you think you have a bad view!

My window looks over some fields and other offices. The only good thing about it is that at this time of year and for the rest of the summer there'll be occassions when people use this area to practice their aerobatic displays.

I used to work in the Gherkin so had the most amazing view of Tower of London, River Thames and Canary Wharf from my desk... however at this job there are no windows and I feel lost without the view :(

Back