• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The way I see it

Alex

Members
We have to win our home games and win away, it doesnt matter which one but we have to. qpr are now 7 points ahead of us and they are at home to luton on monday. hopefully luton win. if qpr win the gap will be 7-10 points (dependant on our result at preston) with 4 games to go. qpr's last 4 games are very hard sunderland (a) cardiff (h) wolves (a) stoke (h) and a few weeks ago when they still had coventry, derby, west brom and preston i thought they were doomed but fair play to them they got wins at coventy preston and a point against derby.

Luton are down, if we beat barnsley then barnsley are also down. with hull 5 points and leeds 3 points ahead of us they are the ones to catch. they both still have to play col u. hulls next 4 games are tricky, wolves (a) col u (h) stoke (a) cardiff (a) plymouth (h)

leeds have col u (a) burnley (h) southampton (a) ipswich (h) derby (a) thats a tough run in. you would expect them and us to win our home games. now we have to pray that as form shows, the fact that promotion is at stake and they are the home side that leeds lose their remaining away games. if this is so we have to win away from home and pray our goal difference is better. with us playing barnsley and luton we have a chance of bettering our goal difference over leeds. we have the easier run in over leeds but we have to win one more.

Thoughts?

We can still possibly do it, seeing luton and barnsley cant get anything lately, its between us and leeds, leeds have the form at the moment and we dont have anything, wins against luton and barnsley are vital.

Preston are on a run of 3 defeats, both of us will go into it lookin to get confidence.

Its going to be very very hard.

Leeds do have a very tough run in, that's our only hope that they start dropping points. They've had two lucky wins but can they keep it up against tougher opposition?

The way I see it 3 wins are needed so IF (big if) we do beat Barnsley and Luton then even if we get bugger all in our next 2 away games we should still be in with a glimmer on the last day at Southampton. If this happens then who knows? Obviously we would usually be expected to lose comfortably but bookies odds go out the window in these sort of scenarios, we've seen it so many times over the years through other clubs. If this happens we just have to hope and pray Saints are already safely in the play-offs......

The way I see it 3 wins are needed so IF (big if) we do beat Barnsley and Luton then even if we get bugger all in our next 2 away games we should still be in with a glimmer on the last day at Southampton. If this happens then who knows? Obviously we would usually be expected to lose comfortably but bookies odds go out the window in these sort of scenarios, we've seen it so many times over the years through other clubs. If this happens we just have to hope and pray Saints are already safely in the play-offs......

I cant see it but imagine Flahavan did a Jimmy Glass to keep us up. Or any other player did. That would be mental. Leeds would have finshed playing thinking they were safe and we scored in the last second to send 3,000 shrimpers home very very very happy, and wipe that smug smile off dennis wises face

Barnsley are defo the team to catch and with Qpr opening the gap today , i feel that they will be safe .

To say that our home games against Luton and Barnsley are massive is a understatment.

I know we are better than both of them , ability wise but have we got enough experience and character in our team to pull us through , thats something i'm not sure we have in abundance

This is Tilson's toughest test as a manager and we will now see what him and our players are all about.

Barnsley are defo the team to catch and with Qpr opening the gap today , i feel that they will be safe .

To say that our home games against Luton and Barnsley are massive is a understatment.

I know we are better than both of them , ability wise but have we got enough experience and character in our team to pull us through , thats something i'm not sure we have in abundance

This is Tilson's toughest test as a manager and we will now see what him and our players are all about.

True Duncan, they've got to dig deep and grow some bollocks!

True Duncan, they've got to dig deep and grow some bollocks!

Leeds was masive, Hul was F**king Masive and Colchester was as MASIVE as an elephants boll**ks with elephanttitus..... but we still bloooooo all three big time and played like we were having a sunday morning kick about for the pig and ferret in the southend sunday league 6. Why should Barnsley, Luton and Plymouth be any different. Already regretting buying my ticket for Southampton and would imagine theres going to be an aufull lot going cheap on e-bay. Which begs the question if the game is going to be of immense importance to Southampton to get them into the playoffs..... theres going to be no shortage of takers. And before someone tells me thats irresponsible to allow home fans into our end..... at the moment I really dont give a t*ss because I feel I'm being taken for a ride by the club I love who are showing such lack of passion.

Leeds was masive, Hul was F**king Masive and Colchester was as MASIVE as an elephants boll**ks with elephanttitus..... but we still bloooooo all three big time and played like we were having a sunday morning kick about for the pig and ferret in the southend sunday league 6. Why should Barnsley, Luton and Plymouth be any different. Already regretting buying my ticket for Southampton and would imagine theres going to be an aufull lot going cheap on e-bay. Which begs the question if the game is going to be of immense importance to Southampton to get them into the playoffs..... theres going to be no shortage of takers. And before someone tells me thats irresponsible to allow home fans into our end..... at the moment I really dont give a t*ss because I feel I'm being taken for a ride by the club I love who are showing such lack of passion.

Sorry to inform you but you are not allowed to sell football tickets on ebay. If you list them they will be deleted. See what happens after Monday, you may have a change of heart.

come on people a win on monday and leeds lose and so do barnsley we may be out of the relegation zone already , but we need to start helping the players out instead of getting on their backs.

come on people a win on monday and leeds lose and so do barnsley we may be out of the relegation zone already , but we need to start helping the players out instead of getting on their backs.

Top first post!

I cannot understand why people can claim that the players showed no passion or desire on Friday, and then show absolutely no commitment themselves. Anyone can support the team when things are going well. Try getting behind them in the hard times when they NEED YOU!

I think we stand more chance of winning our away games than our home games because the standard of support at home is frankly abysmal.

:mad:

Top first post!

I cannot understand why people can claim that the players showed no passion or desire on Friday, and then show absolutely no commitment themselves. Anyone can support the team when things are going well. Try getting behind them in the hard times when they NEED YOU!

I think we stand more chance of winning our away games than our home games because the standard of support at home is frankly abysmal.

:mad:

To be fair i think the crowd have been very good in certain areas.... and will never sing in others. South upper and West will always sing no matter what. East and Family normally won't be that loud. Its always going to be that way, the crowd have the responsibility to get behind the team, but the team have the responsibility to give the crowd something to get behind.

To be fair i think the crowd have been very good in certain areas.... and will never sing in others. South upper and West will always sing no matter what. East and Family normally won't be that loud. Its always going to be that way, the crowd have the responsibility to get behind the team, but the team have the responsibility to give the crowd something to get behind.

I thought the South Upper in particular deserve a special mention, especially those 50 or so who were singing The Great Escape with about 10 minutes to go when we were dead and buried. Absolutely fantastic :D

To be honest though, I thought we were very, very quiet yesterday for the most part after the 38th second goal. Yes we were a goal behind but for f**ks sake it was a local derby and there were 89 minutes to get back into the game. Almost the entire ground apart from sections of the West and the South Upper fell totally silent. I know the team didn't give a decent performance over the balance of the match but the atmosphere was really pathetic for large sections of the match :mad:

Finally, for God's sake grant other people the courtesy of being able to watch the game rather than walking to the exits and blocking the view. You may not want to stay to the end (and I don't blame others who want to do it) but I wanted to see the end of the game and couldn't because of those that decided to leave :guns:

I thought the South Upper in particular deserve a special mention, especially those 50 or so who were singing The Great Escape with about 10 minutes to go when we were dead and buried. Absolutely fantastic :D

To be honest though, I thought we were very, very quiet yesterday for the most part after the 38th second goal. Yes we were a goal behind but for f**ks sake it was a local derby and there were 89 minutes to get back into the game. Almost the entire ground apart from sections of the West and the South Upper fell totally silent. I know the team didn't give a decent performance over the balance of the match but the atmosphere was really pathetic for large sections of the match :mad:

Finally, for God's sake grant other people the courtesy of being able to watch the game rather than walking to the exits and blocking the view. You may not want to stay to the end (and I don't blame others who want to do it) but I wanted to see the end of the game and couldn't because of those that decided to leave :guns:

Hear hear, and its horrible to see half of the home fans leave when you got Col ewe giving it the big 'cherio' chant. It gives the rest of us a bad name :(

Why?

Supporters are there to support. Regardless of what is going on on the pitch. This isn't the squad of '96/'97, this team and manager have achieved great things and deserve our support for what they have already done. Anyone can get behind the team when they are doing well, but the time the team really needs lifting is when things are going poorly.

The players need encouragement most when they are feeling most discouraged.

Remember Liverpool being tanked by Arsenal at Anfield this season? The Liverpool fans never stopped singing and cheering and NEVER got on the player's backs. even after conceding the 6th goal. So the next time the players came onto the pitch they weren't thinking "Next poor touch/bad pass/wayward shot and the crowd are going to crucify me" they were thinking "I can try this pass/run/shot because the fans are behind me regardless". That is what being a fan is about.

Why?

Supporters are there to support. Regardless of what is going on on the pitch. This isn't the squad of '96/'97, this team and manager have achieved great things and deserve our support for what they have already done. Anyone can get behind the team when they are doing well, but the time the team really needs lifting is when things are going poorly.

The players need encouragement most when they are feeling most discouraged.

Remember Liverpool being tanked by Arsenal at Anfield this season? The Liverpool fans never stopped singing and cheering and NEVER got on the player's backs. even after conceding the 6th goal. So the next time the players came onto the pitch they weren't thinking "Next poor touch/bad pass/wayward shot and the crowd are going to crucify me" they were thinking "I can try this pass/run/shot because the fans are behind me regardless". That is what being a fan is about.

Yeah but we all know Roots Hall is never going to be like that, in that terms we are fighting a losing battle due to our recent success. With Southend, the fans need something to happen to get going, its never going to be not stop signing from the whole ground throughout the match. Not even Man U game was like, until we scored.

The acoustics don't help at all, at Anfeild one section starts everyone can hear and tent to join in.
At roots Hall the South Upper start, you can't hear it in South Lower, The west Start you can't hear it in the family stand.

Its sad but thats just the way it is at roots hall, and it won't change until we get our move to Fossetts Farm.

Bring on 2009 ( ish)

UP THE BLUES !!!!!

Yeah but we all know Roots Hall is never going to be like that, in that terms we are fighting a losing battle due to our recent success. With Southend, the fans need something to happen to get going, its never going to be not stop signing from the whole ground throughout the match. Not even Man U game was like, until we scored.

The acoustics don't help at all, at Anfeild one section starts everyone can hear and tent to join in.
At roots Hall the South Upper start, you can't hear it in South Lower, The west Start you can't hear it in the family stand.

Its sad but thats just the way it is at roots hall, and it won't change until we get our move to Fossetts Farm.

Bring on 2009 ( ish)

UP THE BLUES !!!!!

Exactly, jcrcr, which is why I posted on another thread that I couldn't wait to get away from Roots Hall, even though I love it, and get into a stadium with decent acoustics where the singers can all sit together. But even allowing for the poor acoustics, the home atmosphere isn't good. I think we stand more chance of away points than home points now.

Exactly, jcrcr, which is why I posted on another thread that I couldn't wait to get away from Roots Hall, even though I love it, and get into a stadium with decent acoustics where the singers can all sit together. But even allowing for the poor acoustics, the home atmosphere isn't good. I think we stand more chance of away points than home points now.

As was the way at the end of the last 2 seasons, as we seem to chock at home near the end of the season. Almost lost out on Promotion from League 2 because of it.... and almost lost the championship because of it last season. Lets just hope this season we don't loose out to Championship status because of it this year. :(

Back