• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Welsh Factor

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
So its Wrexham in the final...
thinking about it whats the general view on the fact that they will be playing on welsh soil advantage? or the fact they are playing in a hated rivals city? what would Cardiff City supporters say about this? follow national pride and get behind Wrexham or fall to rivalry and spur us on?

I can't see Cardiff getting behind any English team, in fact wasn't there talk of an alliance with Swansea for the England Wales match?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 09 2005,09:08)]I can't see Cardiff getting behind any English team, in fact wasn't there talk of an alliance with Swansea for the England Wales match?  
rock.gif
I very much doubt it mate, they f**king hate each other with a passion and would never join together.

Cardiff supporters hate Wrexham with a passion, and i mean hate and vice versa, its the North v South thing..

Plenty of police needed for this one..

Everyones talking of Wrexham bringing 25,000 fans but i honestly dont think they will bring even 20,000... they are still over 100 miles away from the Mil Stad and i believe they are a smaller club than us..

They had less than 6,000 at their area final last night and they get crowds around the 4000 mark for their league 1 games.

Yes, i know its their first cup final but i just dont think they have the support we have..

I honestly believe we will have as many, if not more than Wrexham in Cardiff.

What does everyone else think?.

rock.gif

What end are we going to be allocated this year ? The three tiered one or the two tiered one which housed the Blackpool fans last year?

There will obviously be a few non Wrexham fans supporting them, but it will be the same for us im sure...

Wales v England after all....

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 09 2005,09:18)]Everyones talking of Wrexham bringing 25,000 fans but i honestly dont think they will bring even 20,000... they are still over 100 miles away from the Mil Stad and i believe they are a smaller club than us..
141 miles and probably a not much shorter journey time than ours.

from the wrexham site smiffy....

Under Football League requirements, we have to start selling tickets from the half-way line at Cardiff and then fan out (anti-clockwise) to the North Stand, the oldest part of the stadium, which does not have a middle tier.

so it looks as though we will have the same end as last year reading between the lines there!

Also it says the tickets have to be sold in blocks but... can the club not inform fans when the current sales are going for behind the goal areas? so some of us can wait it out and then get a prime ticket behind the goal!

Im confused, so are you agreeing with me TB that we appear to have the same end as last year?!..

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

i hope were in the same end, left my chewing gum stuck under the seat last year. save me buying some new stuff if i get it back
smile.gif

From the Wrexham Rivals board, they are getting an awful lot of support because of the ten points they have been docked, etc. e.g. Blackpool fan saying that much as he would like Southend to do well after last year, he has to hope Wrexham win because of all their trials and tribulations this season.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Mar. 09 2005,09:46)]from the wrexham site smiffy....

Under Football League requirements, we have to start selling tickets from the half-way line at Cardiff and then fan out (anti-clockwise) to the North Stand, the oldest part of the stadium, which does not have a middle tier.

so it looks as though we will have the same end as last year reading between the lines there!

Also it says the tickets have to be sold in blocks but... can the club not inform fans when the current sales are going for behind the goal areas? so some of us can wait it out and then get a prime ticket behind the goal!
I'm sure they started selling tickets from behind the goals last year, working to the centre circle?

we're thinking of having a fans united day for the final.

Brighton
Wrexham
Cardiff
Swansea

All Together

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 09 2005,12:10)]we're thinking of having a fans united day for the final.

Brighton
Wrexham
Cardiff
Swansea

All Together
The would be one helluva party!

Not sure I'd be brave enough for that one!  
oops.gif

Back