• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

I think it will go the same way as Crimea. I cannot get Putin's point about not wanting a Nato country next to Russia because if he takes Ukraine he will will be surrounded by them on that border.
That is a very good point. I think you should give Putin a call and explain it to him.

Sanctions won't do much to Russia. I believe that one of the future sanctions is restricting their ability to purchase microchips etc Key partner China can easily supply any micropchips, and will probably be a lot cheaper than where they get them from at the moment.

Always a bit difficult playing war games with a country that has around 45% of the nuclear weapons in the world.

Sanctions won't do much to Russia. I believe that one of the future sanctions is restricting their ability to purchase microchips etc Key partner China can easily supply any micropchips, and will probably be a lot cheaper than where they get them from at the moment.

Always a bit difficult playing war games with a country that has around 45% of the nuclear weapons in the world.

1% is enough let alone 45%

The parallels are, imo, more fitting for Nazi invasions of Austria, CZ or the Rhineland.
Poland came after those three, unanswered aggressions.
The Baltic States are NATO signed up and would be equivalent to Poland.

Officially Poland attacked Germany. Lots of radio messages and dead bodies on German soil in Polish uniforms. We are allowed to recognise this as a false flag operation by the Germans.

The same thing happened in Gulf of Tonkin to up the war in Vietnam in 1964. This time is was a miss understanding by the US rather than a false flag.

Interestingly this was a good test of how bitcoin is considered as a store of value and it's case for being "digital gold". Gold has rocketed and Bitcoin has tanked (although the nature of bitcoin means it could go completely the other way tomorrow). Obviously institutional investment is still very much in gold for uncertain times. Markets have dropped across the board, I think this is my 3rd day of 5% losses across my portfolio. Russian stock market completely tanked, MOEX was down 45% before suspension and RTSI 50%. Another interesting one was Rolls Royce tanking 15% today, which I thought was against logic given their interests in military equipment. It seems that the Russian jets use a lot of Rolls Royce parts though and the sanctions in place have taken away a large chunk of business.

I am sure the Chinese are studying the West and then they will decide to annex Taiwan or not.
The West is very weak at the moment with Biden, a split EU, Brexit insulating UK from wider political unity, Merkal gone, Poland and Hungary militant near front line states, a UN battered, bruised with no nations willing to suggest any peacekeeping force or having the $ to finance it.

Putin has chosen his time and bolstered his internal powerbase.

And I suggest that the West buying gas, oil and minerals off him and his cronies has made him strong.
Similarly out sourcing UK, EU and US manufacturing to China has made Bejing immensely more powerful and that will bite back.

For sure it is time folks woke up and stopped buying cheap, Chinese goods as the price paid is SO not going to be the final sum.

Just another man with a big ego wanting to go down in history for whatever reason. Sad.

Interestingly this was a good test of how bitcoin is considered as a store of value and it's case for being "digital gold". Gold has rocketed and Bitcoin has tanked (although the nature of bitcoin means it could go completely the other way tomorrow). Obviously institutional investment is still very much in gold for uncertain times. Markets have dropped across the board, I think this is my 3rd day of 5% losses across my portfolio. Russian stock market completely tanked, MOEX was down 45% before suspension and RTSI 50%. Another interesting one was Rolls Royce tanking 15% today, which I thought was against logic given their interests in military equipment. It seems that the Russian jets use a lot of Rolls Royce parts though and the sanctions in place have taken away a large chunk of business.
I did wonder why Rolls Royce had tanked this morning.. I suppose that explains it. I just assumed it would have increased like BAE systems (currently up 5.86%)

How dare Putin bomb innocent people who are no threat to him. Thats the US and The Uk's main business. Yet another case of Eastern Europeans stealing our jobs.
That's been argued to death. This thread is about Ukraine. This is about a land grab, and Putin wanting to displace the Democratically elected government, and putting his puppets in charge. He would love to annex the whole of Ukraine if allowed to get away with it.

That's been argued to death. This thread is about Ukraine. This is about a land grab, and Putin wanting to displace the Democratically elected government, and putting his puppets in charge. He would love to annex the whole of Ukraine if allowed to get away with it.
One might want to consider who helped fund the 2014 protests that led to the initial regime change...

Actually. Palladium has been the big riser as much of it come from Russia. palladium has been on a tear the last few weeks any way But has Been higher in the last 12 months .
Silver, the working man’s gold is up, but of course is still down for the year (preceding 12 months)

rolls Royce would have caught me out as well

I did wonder why Rolls Royce had tanked this morning.. I suppose that explains it. I just assumed it would have increased like BAE systems (currently up 5.86%)
I thought exactly the same and it was question in a discord group I am in for private investors. Another member had the answer. I can't imagine that Russia would be naive enough to not anticipate the sanctions though and would have thought they would have Roll Royce parts stock piled.

It also sickens me about the lies Putin comes out with. The biggest being they have no intention of invading Ukraine, and that even the suggestion is ridiculous. He now said this morning that the invasion was in self defence. Yeah, right.

I reckon he saw the below image and was threatened by the quality of Ukraines wooden guns.

52977155-0-image-a-29_1642291782996.jpg

Actually. Palladium has been the big riser as much of it come from Russia. palladium has been on a tear the last few weeks any way But has Been higher in the last 12 months .
Silver, the working man’s gold is up, but of course is still down for the year (preceding 12 months)

rolls Royce would have caught me out as well
A friend of mine 10 bagged on Eurasia Mining who are a Palladium Miner over the last couple of years. I notice the EUA SP is down 35% today though. Again probably a victim of sanctions

Before we all get carried away worth remembering that Ukraine's president Zelensky was an actor and comedian fully backed by the west. We do seem obsessed with putting jokers in charge.

Just like like all the other emerging dictators around the world, Zelensky hates democracy and any opposition. He has shut down 3 main TV stations, jailed the man who came second in the elections and most of his backers.

If Nicola Sturgeon did that to Scots who wanted to remain part of GB we might be a bit more Putin like. Not me of course I won't forgive them for Wembley 77.

The other problem is that who will be next in about 10 years. First it was Crimea, now Ukraine. Belarus has almost given in and surrendered without a shot being fired. Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania will probably be next. Listening to the Latvian President, he thinks it will be them next, if Putin isn't stopped.

Back