• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

Also on the airplane was his trusted and loyal Lieutenant and his Senior Aide. 3 birds with one stone scenario. The rest of them better find a safe haven before they also have a nasty accident.

Probably bad for Ukraine. Remaining Wagner troops I guess will become russian military

Probably bad for Ukraine. Remaining Wagner troops I guess will become russian military
That's the Russian plan. They said they will integrate them into the regular army, and use them also to train up young conscripts. But, don't forget, Putin has already labelled the whole group as traitors., before they kissed and made up on the surface. And traitors are never forgiven by Putin, and normally meet a nasty death. Look at the lengths they went to, to get people in London and Salisbury.

I've noticed that most media nowadays seem to push all their resource into the main news subject of the day and its then saturated across the platforms (News, Radio, Internet etc) First noticed it creeping in during the debate on Brexit, then more prominent when it was during Covid, then cost of living crisis etc

Since the Israel / Hamas war you could almost be forgiven to think that Ukraine was all done and dusted and the dust had settled.

I remember watching the news when I was younger and it didn't focus on one topic every day unless it was a real tragedy that was a one off (Princess Diana death / Twin Towers etc)

A lot of the media now do a rolling "live" page with short updates through the day on one particular conflict or topic. BBC are very keen on this, and a lot of spelling mistakes are noted (not that i'm one to critic) presumably due to the must provide this information first before someone else does mentality.

Last edited:
I've noticed that most media nowadays seem to push all their resource into the main news subject of the day and its then saturated across the platforms (News, Radio, Internet etc) First noticed it creeping in during the debate on Brexit, then more prominent when it was during Covid, then cost of living crisis etc

Since the Israel / Hamas war you could almost be forgiven to think that Ukraine was all done and dusted and the dust had settled.

I remember watching the news when I was younger and it didn't focus on one topic every day unless it was a real tragedy that was a one off (Princess Diana death / Twin Towers etc)

A lot of the media now do a rolling "live" page with short updates through the day on one particular conflict or topic. BBC are very keen on this, and a lot of spelling mistakes are noted (not that i'm one to critic) presumably due to the must provide this information first before someone else does mentality.
And as for Afghanistan, it’s almost as if it didn’t happen. Which pretty much sums up the position the women now find themselves in.

I was listening to Radio 4 this morning and the expert guests felt the Putin is more than happy to play the long game.

I was listening to Radio 4 this morning and the expert guests felt the Putin is more than happy to play the long game.
Seem to remember some expert on Newsnight or C4 News yesterday suggesting that if American finance for Ukraine fell through then Putin would settle foe a hegociated settlement and some territory in Ukraine before regrouping and attacking one of the Baltic states.Wonder what Blues exile thinks about that?

Seem to remember some expert on Newsnight or C4 News yesterday suggesting that if American finance for Ukraine fell through then Putin would settle foe a hegociated settlement and some territory in Ukraine before regrouping and attacking one of the Baltic states.Wonder what Blues exile thinks about that?
My guess would be that Putin would, in the event of a cease fire, look at re arming. That at the same time as forming another mercenary group with which to exploit and rape African states and materials.
And push weapons at Hamas to further disrupt Israel and USA.

My guess would be that Putin would, in the event of a cease fire, look at re arming. That at the same time as forming another mercenary group with which to exploit and rape African states and materials.
That was the drift of the expert's opinion.Being saying to my wife for some time (long before the conflict in Gaza started ) that I didn't think Ukraine could win their war against Russia.

Further disrupt Israel from killing kids? What a bad man he is.

Hamas are supplied by Iran BTW, and it was in their interests to encourage the Hamas attack so that the ongoing talks between the Saudis/Egyptians and the Israelis were scuppered.

Putin moved into Eastern Ukraine to protect the ethnic Russians in those areas who had been under constant attack from Ukrainian security services since 2014. He has a very good legal and moral argument to be there.

The US State department and its proxies are disproportionately Jewish and will always put Israel at Number One. With the US around 50th. Ukraine is in the top 5 but it's no competition really.

Back