• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Theo Robinson frustrated to return to Southend United before heading back to Colchester United on loan

So which players were laughing at our current situation?

I only know of a certian couple.

Obviously if I were going to name names, I would have done so by now. Fortunately I’m not daft enough to start putting names and **** like that, on somewhere as bait as a public forum.

At the end of the day, you haven’t got to believe a word of this, but I’ve no real reason to lie about it. Neither do those, who have told me.

I’m not after any kind of adulation or recognition, I’m just redressing a few imbalances, with regards to how certain stories are portrayed - hence why, for example, I mentioned Cox’s supposed pre-season injuries to you yesterday.

Thankfully, most of this squad will be gone by summertime, and we’ll all be able to put this one specific mess behind us, and return to the more usual discussions, such as whether it should be 442 or Christmas trees, Bart or Flavs, or just why isn’t Johnny Herd starting - afterall, his throws are worth their weight in gold don’t you know.

He was technically limited but he always put the effort in on the pitch (unlike quite a few others) yet he got far more hate from some in the stands than players that were much lazier than him. I can't blame him for not wanting to be here.
Hate? I can't remember too much of that here. But nail on head when you offered: 'technically limited'.
He couldn't trap a bin lid!
He had to put the effort, often to try and clear up his own stray pass etc.
But yeah, if he's happy at Colchester, and we're happy for him to be there. Thanks, Theo, and don't slam the door...

I'm speculating a touch here based on recent posts, but I'm wondering if certain players didn't feel like they belonged to certain cliques within the club based on factors other than their personality?

Yes, he states he is talking about southend.
As he rightly says it’s sad when “fans” slag of a player not knowing if there might be a reason why they are playing badly, it’s even worse when fans know the reason and still give abuse.

Interestingly he only mentions that me player by name as being there for him, and that was cox

Obviously the group that Powell split up, which they weren’t happy about

To the best of my knowledge, only one memeber of the clique remains within this squad.

Seems to have a new lease of life under Sol, although this may just be because he’s out of contract in the summer

To the best of my knowledge, only one memeber of the clique remains within this squad.

Seems to have a new lease of life under Sol, although this may just be because he’s out of contract in the summer

Including or excluding Kiernan?

Yes it is. I'm not one to have a pop at players from the stand (Dover being exception, that took the biscuit) but I did at the time have a pop at him on here. I thought he should have taken time out of the firing line and taken some time out. Looking at it now I was probably wrong to question him. Who am I really to tell someone how to deal with the death of their mum? Opened my mind up a bit more after watching

Back