• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson Recall?

banjo saviola

First XI
Does anyone know if we are able to recall Theo from his loan? It's absolute bonkers that we struggle to play 2 x first team strikers and he's playing elsewhere.
Appreciate he can be ungainly but he's a worker with a knack for getting into decent positions in the box.
Also, 12 months ago Powell had him looking like a world beater. Although that was the positive, jubilant Powell...not the shell of a man we have now.

I don’t think you’re allowed to do this anymore otherwise I would like to have thought it would’ve been the first move done when Humphrys got injured.

Theo had pace, energy and enthusiasm but lacked almost everything else in a footballing sense. Nonetheless he would still be an asset as we fight to avoid the drop. It's a shame that we cannot call him back.

Theo had pace, energy and enthusiasm but lacked almost everything else in a footballing sense. Nonetheless he would still be an asset as we fight to avoid the drop. It's a shame that we cannot call him back.

Yet another poor decision from whomever to let him go without the replacement coming in. And no before anyone says it Humphrys was already signed and here before Robinson left.

It was Humphrys.

I'm guessing Ron told CP that he couldn't have both, if he wanted to take Humphrys on full time.

It was Humphrys.

I'm guessing Ron told CP that he couldn't have both, if he wanted to take Humphrys on full time.

Load of rubbish, why would we then be trying to bring someone else in as well!

See, this sort of post is why I don't come on here so much now and will probably bail out again tonight.

The other bloke would have been on loan, I would imagine.

See, this sort of post is why I don't come on here so much now and will probably bail out again tonight.

The other bloke would have been on loan, I would imagine.

I said it’s absolute rubbish because it is. We loaned out Robinson with the view of getting Morgan Ferrier in on a permenant basis even bidding £75k for him. The deal only fell through because Ferrier turned us down. We have gone over this Humphrys is the reason Robinson left so many times and it’s just false!

OK, you're entitled to your opinion, albeit without the aggressive intent.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who held the Humphrys/Robinson opinion then?

Thanks, SK.

Yep, I agree with that, but my point was whether the process of Theo having to go was started, so we could get Humphrys in.

In other words, once CP said he needed to get Humphrys or similar, Ron said that he'd have to lose someone to cover the purchase.

Only my opinion from afar at the time and I'm happy to be corrected.

Thanks, SK.

Yep, I agree with that, but my point was whether the process of Theo having to go was started, so we could get Humphrys in.

In other words, once CP said he needed to get Humphrys or similar, Ron said that he'd have to lose someone to cover the purchase.

Only my opinion from afar at the time and I'm happy to be corrected.
I suppose it's possible, although given that we were still trying to sign a striker after the window shut I'd guess the budget would have allowed for Theo to stay, I can't imagine he's a high earner in the squad given that we got him from non-league.

Agreed, though if we had got someone else in, would that have not resulted in loaning out a couple of more players on our books to cover this, as well as Theo.

I don't know the full facts, obviously, but if CP was so disappointed to lose Theo, he didn't make much of an effort to keep him after happily taking on Humphrys.

My gut feeling is that had he not got Humphrys, we wouldn't have released Theo, so I do think it's linked.

OK, you're entitled to your opinion, albeit without the aggressive intent.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who held the Humphrys/Robinson opinion then?

Aggressive intent!! :ROFL:

Mountain and molehill are words that come to mind.

You believe your gut feeling all you want but the facts are there.

Humphrys joined on a permenant deal 19th Jan.

The window closed on 31st of Jan.

Theo Robinson was rumoured to be on the move to Swindon on that day. CP said that he would go if someone could be brought in.

Theo moved on loan and we had agreed a deal to sign Ferrier for £75,000 on a permenant deal and at the 11th hour he decided he didn’t want to come and turned us down. At that point it was too late to bring in another striker.

If to get Humphrys in we needed to get Theo out (he only went on loan) there is nothing to say Swindon are paying all of or any of his wages. Why would we then suddenly have £75k to spend on a player and then at the end of the season have both Ferrier and Robinson on our books. Sorry but can’t see your logic behind it all.

You rubbished my opinion, which was just that. An opinion.

It's an open forum which should be respectful at all times.

You as a moderator should know that more than anyone.

Last edited:
You rubbished my opinion, which was just that. An opinion.

It's an open forum which should be respectful at all times.

You as a moderator should that even more than anyone.

I’m sorry if that’s offended you, it wasn’t intended that way. It was more of a reaction from me rather than to rubbish your opinion. Just a discussion that has been done to death that’s all.

We will just have to agree to disagree on our views on the situation.

Seriously not a problem. Thanks though.

I probably over reacted because it was getting irritating seeing people's opinions kind of shouted down as being ridiculous and the like.

I'm all for healthy debate and people exchanging views. Just a line in the sand is sometimes needed

You can only recall a player from loan during an active transfer window (the only exception is emergency GK situations)

Silly idea, the man has emotions and is having a good run at Swindon; bring him back when he knows he isn't really wanted????

Seriously not a problem. Thanks though.

I probably over reacted because it was getting irritating seeing people's opinions kind of shouted down as being ridiculous and the like.

I'm all for healthy debate and people exchanging views. Just a line in the sand is sometimes needed

Andy, I've always found you to be one of the more reasonable, level headed posters on Shrimperzone. Please do continue to post, I for one missed your input when you disappeared from the zone for a while previously.

Back