• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Theo to Swindon

According to that artcile, its not a done deal yet!!!

Still can see Theo coming to SUFC.

RM and ST need to get this deal sorted and out of the way!!!

Nice rebuilding job there by Wilson, Gordon Greer, David Lucas and if they get Robinson, that's 3 really tidy transfers.

I'd usually be jumping up and down by now like other seasons at our lack of activity, but I'm not surprised. We'll probably grab anyone thats left and desperate come the start of August as usual. Joining SUFC at the moment is like being the last kid picked in the playground....

This would be a massive kick in the teeth. Not just because we may lose a player that i feel could do a job for us, but the fact that we are unable to compete with the likes of Brighton and Swindon. I see also that Daniel Fox signed for Col U. Wasnt he one of Tillys targets last season.

Also on the BBC website. Sounds like a done deal although the BBC site is never the best for accuracy.

BBC Link

What i dont understand about this, is that Brush said that nothing will get sorted until Watford sort their managerial situation. Now we here that he probably will be going to Swindon. Why does our club not tell us the trith rather than feed us rubbish!!

Can't say I am fussed about it really. If he goes to Swindon they will release others and we'll be able to get Billleeee back on loan :'(

What i dont understand about this, is that Brush said that nothing will get sorted until Watford sort their managerial situation. Now we here that he probably will be going to Swindon. Why does our club not tell us the trith rather than feed us rubbish!!

amazed that you take newspaper stories as gospel. Until i see anything on the Swindon/Southend/Watford OS saying he has signed then its just a rumour, most probably made up by a journo who has to fill his pages with something. Last time this rumour came up both clubs came out the following day to say its was a load of tosh

The bottom line is I'd be amazed if the likes of Swindon, Brighton or most other clubs of our size & stature can any more afford Theo or any other player than we can. Its just that they have chairman who are prepared to gamble with their clubs financial stability to sign players they want, virtually at any cost. Both those clubs have had financial problems in recent years, its easy to see why. Add them to the likes of Luton, Darlo, Rotherham etc etc, its easy to see where this policy leads.

I'm as frustrated as anyone but having lived through our previous two near-death experiences i'll settle for mid-L1 mediocrity with players we can afford without breaking the bank, at least until the promised land of the new stadium & associated funds it is supposed to generate materialise.

Am I the only one who's not that bothered either way?

Yes Theo's pace caused problems and his goalscoring record wasn't bad but his style of play often led to us going long-ball and he's also the GREEDIEST player I've ever seen in a Southend shirt. If we sign him fair enough but if we don't then I'm still happy as long as we sign a half-decent goalscorer who is going to stay FIT for most or all of the forthcoming season.

Don't both brighton & swindon have new owners? That usually brings a cash injection and they'll be looking to win over fans with a few splashy signings.

I'm sure we'll make the best offer we can for Theo, if we don't get him it's not the end of the world.

This annoys me so much when you look at the money we have waisted look back at january 2008 150000 on Alex Revell Theo is twice the player he is and we could get him for a similar fee, not only that we will make money on Theo. Alex Rev we will lose all the money we spent on him. Such a shame WHAT OUT CLUB HAS COME TO.. RELEGATION THIS YEAR IMO

This annoys me so much when you look at the money we have waisted look back at january 2008 150000 on Alex Revell Theo is twice the player he is and we could get him for a similar fee, not only that we will make money on Theo. Alex Rev we will lose all the money we spent on him. Such a shame WHAT OUT CLUB HAS COME TO.. RELEGATION THIS YEAR IMO

Gargh! Revell is a very good player at this level. Massive work rate and commitment and will chip in with 8-10 a season at least. A good foil for a poacher.

Said it time and again, my current SUFC side would be Revell + A.N.Other starting up top every time.

I heard we offered a £20 HMV voucher, a signed photo of Frankie Banks and all the hot dogs (minus onions) he could eat, but doesnt seem to have matched the other bids.

Back