• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

These Middle Eastern folk..

J

The Chameleon
They an'alf go a bit mad at funerals don't they? Slapping their heads, touching coffins, shaking ambulances, trying to lift the lid open?

All very odd, can you imagine that happening in the streets of London over the death of A leading role model? I can't... all very odd.

They an'alf go a bit mad at funerals don't they? Slapping their heads, touching coffins, shaking ambulances, trying to lift the lid open?

All very odd, can you imagine that happening in the streets of London over the death of A leading role model? I can't... all very odd.

Yeah, it would never happen if someone like Diana died.

Oh yes, i remember seeing people trying to prize open diana's coffin, sometimes you really do talk ****..

I must say I do find it all a little OTT, but they've lost a loved figure who could of brought a bit of stability to their country that could plunge into terrible civil war. :(

And, what's your point, caller?

:confused:

Incidentally, there are plenty of people around the world who consider the British "stiff upper lip" and inabilility / unwillingness to show emotion as "all very odd".

Not that you appear to have noticed that when travelling overseas with the England Football team. Funny that, I can't imagine how you've missed out on learning about local customs when travelling with that particular group of people...

:thump:

Matt

PS If the reference to "Middle East" is connected to the recent death of Benazir Bhutto, I suggest a geography lesson may be in order...

PS If the reference to "Middle East" is connected to the recent death of Benazir Bhutto, I suggest a geography lesson may be in order...

The Pub, Pull up a stool, get in a beer and chat with your mates about whatever you want.

Pakistan is generally refered to as being in the Middle East (albeit on the very edge!), not sure where you're going with the last comment.

As to the original point I did cringe a little seeing the coffin handled with little care with the corpse seemingly about to burst forth at any point.

Last edited:
i don't understand why they are calling it a shocking death and how everyone is so shocked etc etc. everyone knew it was going to happen eventually.

The Pub, Pull up a stool, get in a beer and chat with your mates about whatever you want.

Pakistan is generally refered to as being in the Middle East (albeit on the very edge!), not sure where you're going with the last comment.

As to the original point I did cringe a little seeing the coffin handled with little care with the corpse seemingly about to burst forth at any point.

err:confused: No Pakistan is clearly referred to as being part of the Indian sub-continent.

If anyone remembers the scenes from the funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini some years ago then the corpse very nearly did fall from the coffin due to the fervour of the "mourners".

Incidentally, there are plenty of people around the world who consider the British "stiff upper lip" and inabilility / unwillingness to show emotion as "all very odd".

Not that you appear to have noticed that when travelling overseas with the England Football team. Funny that, I can't imagine how you've missed out on learning about local customs when travelling with that particular group of people...

:thump:

Matt

What are you talking about? Nonsense... that's all i can say.
You have just typed absolute tripe from what i can see, with no real reference to the original post what so ever...

And as for travelling, i bet your bottom dollar, the places i have visited are much more adventurous and exiting, than those you have.. and probably many more than you have.. not just with england away.

You refer to that, as though i go with these silly ****s who park up in an irish Bar for the entire trip around the main square of the city.

I'll bare that in mind next time, after all i went to Israel this year, i will guarantee I was one of very few to venture into palestine and the disputed terrotories..

I'll also remember that, when i went to croatia and visited the old POW camps from the Balkans wars. Also, when i went to rourke's drift and the borders of somalia when england played south africa in 2003, and the world cup last year, when visiting numerous sites of the Great Nazi War machine.

So matt, was that the answer you were expecting? I think not.

I wonder how my friends are doing in Sri Lanka as well, i must check on them after my visit there a couple of years ago... Hmmm, i also wonder if i can think back past 2003 for the places i have visited.

What are you talking about? Nonsense... that's all i can say.
You have just typed absolute tripe from what i can see, with no real reference to the original post what so ever...

And as for travelling, i bet your bottom dollar, the places i have visited are much more adventurous and exiting, than those you have.. and probably many more than you have.. not just with england away.

You refer to that, as though i go with these silly ****s who park up in an irish Bar for the entire trip around the main square of the city.

I'll bare that in mind next time, after all i went to Israel this year, i will guarantee I was one of very few to venture into palestine and the disputed terrotories..

I'll also remember that, when i went to croatia and visited the old POW camps from the Balkans wars. Also, when i went to rourke's drift and the borders of somalia when england played south africa in 2003, and the world cup last year, when visiting numerous sites of the Great Nazi War machine.

So matt, was that the answer you were expecting? I think not.

I wonder how my friends are doing in Sri Lanka as well, i must check on them after my visit there a couple of years ago... Hmmm, i also wonder if i can think back past 2003 for the places i have visited.

As a serious question (and not in any way meant as a dig this time) if you're so well travelled and seen a bit of life's rich tapestry then why do you come across as one of the most narrow-minded people who has ever touched a keyboard? You can always be relied upon to see something from the most one-dimensional view and even your original post above might as well just have said "those darkies are a bit weird, innit?" It reads like you've parked yourself in Southend and never left the house except for football matches and the occasional BNP rally in Oldham, which I think was the point Matt was trying to make.

I'm sure you're a nice geezer in person, others on here have said as much but you don't do yourself any favours, unless of course winding up people is just a hobby in which case, you're rather good at it.....:flamer:

Can't really see much wrong with what the original post said , as i too often find it quite bizarre as to how some other countries handle funerals, and found it a little hard to watch the actions i saw on the telly today .

Maybe because the poster in question has stirred things up before that people jump straight on him when they don't agree with some of his posts.

There are a lot of things and views that i don't agree with that J posts about, and also Wiggy as well , but there are also a lot of valid points and things where they talk a lot of sense and say things a lot of folk think too but are araid to speak out about, so fair play .

They obviously have very strong feelings regarding these matters and that is their choice and shouldn't be shot down for them either .

As a serious question (and not in any way meant as a dig this time) if you're so well travelled and seen a bit of life's rich tapestry then why do you come across as one of the most narrow-minded people who has ever touched a keyboard? You can always be relied upon to see something from the most one-dimensional view and even your original post above might as well just have said "those darkies are a bit weird, innit?" It reads like you've parked yourself in Southend and never left the house except for football matches and the occasional BNP rally in Oldham, which I think was the point Matt was trying to make.

I'm sure you're a nice geezer in person, others on here have said as much but you don't do yourself any favours, unless of course winding up people is just a hobby in which case, you're rather good at it.....:flamer:

Excellent, being called a racist, because i think the way the middle east hold their funerals is bizzarre!! :finger: :finger:

****ing quality.

I don't claim to be well travelled, i've got the passport to prove it thanks..

Excellent, being called a racist, because i think the way the middle east hold their funerals is bizzarre!! :finger: :finger:

****ing quality.

:confused: So your passport is well travelled?

The number of stamps someone has on their passport doesn't necessarily correlate into being "well traveled". At least to me well traveled means that at least some attempt was made to understand the culture of the countries one has visited, as opposed to just spending time with other people who are on vacation and only having interaction with locals when they need to order another drink from the bar. I'm not trying to insinuate that you fall into the latter category J, I just know several people who consider themselves to be "well traveled" based on the number of places they've been rather than the nature of their stay. From my own experience I've got both a UK stamp and a Netherlands stamp (amongst others) in my passport but my stay in each country was completely different. While in England I interacted with British citizens on a daily basis, but while I was in the Netherlands this past July the nature of my trip there meant that I was typically spending time with other Americans and never really got a great opportunity to hang around any Dutch people.

Back