• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This Is A Fight.

I would also add, what doesn't help the mood on a Saturday, certainly in my experience, is when you see the team sheet.

How many times in the last few months, at home, have you thought, "oh here we go again, another negative formation"

I answered this point last night. Those wanting Powell out, have ignored it.

I attended last nights game. The fans were behind the team (apart, it has to be said, from one 5 second chant at the end). That shocking performance and defeat was none of the fans making.

We are all hurting.

EVERYONE just has to back the players and manager for the rest of the reason or you will contribute to our relegation whether you like that or not it’s a fact.

No ironic cheering players off when they’re subbed.
No booing at half time.
No jeering players off.
No “we’re ****ing ****, we’re ****ing ****” songs.

The players and manager know when there’s a mistake.

This is a fight. There aren’t many of us in this world. There are only a select few of us blessed with this blue blood in our veins. We’re all together. When you’re in a fight you need your ****ing mates to back you up - no matter what. Ask questions later.

Just positive voices.

WE HEAL NOW AS A TEAM...
OR WE WILL DIE AS INIDIVIDUALS...

I haven’t felt like this about football for a long ****ing time. I feel sick and sad and angry.

WHAT ARE YA GONNNNA DO?????

If only there were more like you than there are of the 'others'.

I attended last nights game. The fans were behind the team (apart, it has to be said, from one 5 second chant at the end). That shocking performance and defeat was none of the fans making.

I didn’t say that - come on.

Why are some of you choosing to read your own version of what I said?

I have been told he has gone mental at the players in the changing rooms more than once. Just because you don't see it happen, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Come on now davewebbsbrain, you know full well that you can only be passionate if you rant and rave along a touchline for 90 minutes. You can't possibly be passionate any other way.

Overpaid bunch of fairies the majority of them.
Couldn't spot a bollock between most of them
Yesteryear's footballers would laugh at how easy most of them crumble at the first sign of adversity.
Where are the players who roll up their sleeves and refuse to accept such dross week in week out.
Cox apart i'm struggling.
Bish is being left hung out to dry at a time when he needs all the support he can get.
People say CP's not to blame , think again.
He cut the squad up in the summer to bring in he's REPLACEMENTS of he's choice. they have failed miserably week in week out.
5 years effort to get out of Lg2 and years of effort going into the new stadium just for it to be thrown away and back to square one in the final 10/15 games on one year.

I've woken up so dejected and ****ed off it's gonna be a foul day for me.

Hyam was playing after getting stitches Saturday.

Kiernan's still playing when many would have given up.

If any sports psychologists want an example of how a lack of confidence can translate to fans as not giving a ****, they should preserve this thread and many others on this message board.

1 game in the entire season , such great value from a years worth of wages.

Can't fault RK for hes attitude in what must of been a tough time , i'm not talking about those who have been stuck on the sidelines all of the entire season , I'm pointing the fingers at the 11 who are not fit to wear the shirt week in week out and those are select them WEEK IN WEEK OUT.

Can't fault RK for hes attitude in what must of been a tough time , i'm not talking about those who have been stuck on the sidelines all of the entire season , I'm pointing the fingers at the 11 who are not fit to wear the shirt week in week out and those are select them WEEK IN WEEK OUT.

To be fair we haven't had a lot of choice but to play certain players at times. Not like we've had the luxury of dropping players when they're off form.

That i will accept but then again boils down to recruitment , and due diligence of our signings and the decision to release players who were proven , Never thought I would say it , I miss Woody , I miss Tims , and I hate the fact we have not recruited anywhere near the type of caliber of player such as Ryan Leonard
CP will not get away from this seasons performance blaming injuries , He's culpable in this situation.

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Cox must be an absolute shoe-in for PotY this season. I can't think of one other player who deserves consideration. In fact I'd probably stick Hopper down for runner-up and that speaks volumes given he's been out since October!

EDIT: Forgot Taylor Moore, he's had a good season. But he's not even ours....

Grim times.

First of all - mate come on that is not what I said. Ha. You’ve just made that up. I didn’t say anything like that. The final part of the season needs togetherness only.

Secondally - this would actually improve things - even if it would be a bit weird... If the entire ground sung “WE ARE STAYING UP” and cheered and went mad for 90 minutes this would create a positive environment. We’d be more likely to perform.

Playing in a stadium where you can hear every negative comment breads an attitude that isn’t helpful.

You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want to - but it’s just true. Footballers are people and they are even more normal at our level. As fans it’s very easy to use the “poooor litttle rich players” as an excuse because it’s the only thing we really have on them.

Negative environment affects the players more than the fans realise. But to be fair - you do pay your money. So it’s up to you.

All I’m saying is imagine an environment where it was like i describe above.

Negative comments being heard in the stands doesn't explain or legislate for why we concede from a free header almost every week...

Back