• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
(Mods, is this allowed to stay here until Sunday please)

With tickets fast selling out for Burton on Sunday, why not come along to Burnham Ramblers FC to help raise money for The Lullaby Trust.

I've organised a charity football match and family fun day this Sunday at Burnham Ramblers FC to raise crucial funds to this amazing charity in memory of my older brother Terry, who would of been 30 this year, but tragically he passed away aged just four weeks, a victim of cot death.

The football match itself is between my Sunday side, Southminster & Norton and a Southend United legends side, managed by Adam Barrett. The squad includes Terry Alderton, Darryl Flahavan, Simon Francis, Mark Beard, Che Wilson, Adam Barrett, Leo Roget, Leon Johnson, Andy Ansah, Mark Gower, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Kevin Maher, Alan McCormack, Jay Smith, Lawrie Dudfield, Tes Bramble, Martin Carruthers & Ben Abbey.

The gates open at 11am, with the match kicking off at 12:30pm. Admission is £5 for adults and kids go free. Aside from the football we have two bouncy castles, pony rides, face painting, cake stall, fully licensed bar, burger can & kitchen. We also have an auction and a raffle and have match worn signed gloves from Dan Bentley, match worn signed shirt from Kevan Hurst, a football signed by the current first team squad and much much more.

The venue has Sky Sports so you will be able to watch Southend take on Burton, plus the Premiership games at 3pm.

Please come along, bring a friend or three, and help us raise money for this incredible charity.

Really unfortunate timing BoyWonder2. A good post-season family day out, with a chance to see heroes of days past, and Southend United have to go and qualify for the play-offs.

I'll be up in Derbyshire with 1500 or so of your potential visitors, but if you let us know what charity you're supporting, and post some good pictures and words from the day I'm sure you'll get some donations anyway.

Really unfortunate timing BoyWonder2. A good post-season family day out, with a chance to see heroes of days past, and Southend United have to go and qualify for the play-offs.

I'll be up in Derbyshire with 1500 or so of your potential visitors, but if you let us know what charity you're supporting, and post some good pictures and words from the day I'm sure you'll get some donations anyway.

Yeah given the target market of a match against Southend legends wouldn't it make sense to put the kickoff back til 3pm. I'm sure people like Kevin Maher and Adam Barrett would want to watch the match first if they could. Would probably add to the occasion if fans could watch the playoff match with their favourite players of years gone by?

Nice write up in the Echo for your match, it really is unfortunate timing. As Suffolk Blue says though, if you can do a donation page of some kind, I'm sure people will chuck some money its way...it's a great cause and you've clearly put in a lot of effort.

Really unfortunate timing BW. But as others say, if you have a page on which people donate, post it here and we'll also get it posted on the Zone Twitter feed. A fine cause that deserves plenty of support.

Is it not possible to get your game moved back till after the play off game has finished? That way you could actually use it to create a bigger event.

At moment most people are going to watch the game so wont want to even travel there, if they could travel, watch the game then watch the Legends that would be a bigger selling point?

I was planning to go to this but will have to miss it now. Shame as I was looking forward to this.

Hope the day goes well for all connected.

When I started to plan this, back in January, the play off dates weren't announced, the only thing I didn't want to clash with was the final matches of the Premiership season, hence the early kick-off.

I was also limited to certain dates due to Burnham Ramblers holding youth cup finals plus birthday parties there. This was the only possible date in May, and at the end of the month the pitch is being relaid.

It's far too late to be able to move the kick off time, so that isn't an option unfortunately.

I do have a Just Giving page set up for people who wish to donate but cannot attend. The link is http://www.justgiving.com/charityfootballmatchfamilyfunday/

Thanks Kay, that is much appreciated.

I hope so too :winking:

Thanks to MW as well for your kind donation, whoever you are.

Cant make your match but it is a very worthy cause and I hope the day is very successful. Donation made and I wish you all the best.

Cant make your match but it is a very worthy cause and I hope the day is very successful. Donation made and I wish you all the best.

Are you MW then? Thank you so much for your donation, it's much appreciated.

Tomorrow is the big day over at Burnham Ramblers FC. The legends squad, which stood at 21 this time last week, has been decimated by last minute drop outs. These things can't be avoided unfortunately. Let's not worry about that, tomorrow is set to be a great day raising money for an incredible charity, The Lullaby Trust. As a family we have already raised £4280, but tomorrow let's smash through the £5k mark. Please, please, please come along and bring a friend or three and have a fantastic day whilst raising money. Admission is £5 for adults and kids go free. There is plenty to do other than the football. We have bouncy castles, pony rides, face painting, cake stall, fully licensed bar, burger van & kitchen plus an auction and a raffle with loads of great prices to be won ranging from alcohol, park and hotel tickets for Chessington World of Adventure, signed football memorabilia, tickets for a stadium tour and football museum at Liverpool and much much more. I hope to see you all there!!

Thank you so much for your donation Another Surrey Shrimper, it's much appreciated!

Thank you John & Ken for your donations as well, it's much appreciated.

Back